TFR Busted?

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
My friend, who used to work for NCDOT Aviation, just told me yesterday that he was out side and saw a fighter jet fly over his house and do some "manuvers" over his house around noon. He said that was rather odd.

Well President Bush was in Fayetteville, about an hour or so away from Fuquay Varina where "the incident" happened over my friends house. The President leaves Pope Air Force Base about 12:15.

I didn't see anything on the news about it

So a couple question(s)....was a TFR violated? How far do TFR's go out when the President is in town?

HPNFlyGirl said:
My friend, who used to work for NCDOT Aviation, just told me yesterday that he was out side and saw a fighter jet fly over his house and do some "manuvers" over his house around noon. He said that was rather odd.

Well President Bush was in Fayetteville, about an hour or so away from Fuquay Varina where "the incident" happened over my friends house. The President leaves Pope Air Force Base about 12:15.

So a couple question(s)....was a TFR violated? How far do TFR's go out when the President is in town?

Typically, a 30NM radius TFR will go into effect when the President is visiting. The TFR gets published and desiminated (sic?) by FSS. I have seen a few days notice go up letting everyone know of the visit.

When I was headed up North on Friday I heard on 121.5

"US Air Force to the plane 4 miles north of OSU squawking 1200...." then the transmission cut out.

HPNFlyGirl said:

Ahhh Fuquay Varina......
Fond memories....
I spent two years trying to license a low level radioactive waste disposal facility near there once. But :no:
Hey wait there's a NUCLEAR plant already near there too:hairraise: Was that plane loitering by chance?????

They were probably just using his house as a target for a practice bombing/straffing run. Nothing to worry about. ;-)

HPNFlyGirl said:

HPNFlyGirl said:
Some guy out of Harnett County busted the TFR on the 4th. From what I understand, there has been a lot of comment stemming from his flying practices - but I don't know the guy...

I noticed every time we have one of the Pres TFRs, we have F16s and whatnot patrolling low level around the city, that was probably it.

There is R-Space in eastern NM that is constantly being busted, and I don't know why. Every time I fly out that way I hear "This is the United States Air Force on Guard. Airplane XXX off Tucumcari VOR, you are in a Restricted Area. Please leave immediately. Nearest exit is xx miles xxx direction."

Its pretty sad.

Back