Texas Lunchfinder app needed

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Looking for a stop >5000' rwy, approaches, jetA where I can pre-order lunch ie Jason's Deli etc along this path.
Will not have time to use courtesy car, or even on-field cafes.
Map is indistinct so I have marked both ends.
Thanks

Attachments

• ellipse.jpg
    ellipse.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 53
A bit south of your "circle", but you may look at KCXO. You can pre order from Black Walnut Cafe and use Galaxy FBO for fuel and pick up the food.

You might well call the FBO at Austin Executive (KEDC), as they have always been very responsive. Approaches (GPS), full-service FBO. Might also consider Georgetown (KGTU).

Ive heard pilots ordering their lunch over the Unicom. FBO calls it in and has it delivered. Hint: Order some for the FBO employees too!

One possible divert would be KRBD in SE Dallas.... Delta Charlies is right on field and would do a box lunch.

Maybe see if UberEats is operating in Waco or Temple or SJT (Uber driver delivers your food).

Lakeway is a report strip; they may provide that kind of upscale service.

Harrison Aviation at FWS could probably hook you up. Lots of options there in Burleson.

Not sure which direction you're going or if you need the stop, but I think Angelina Co. has a cafe on the airport.

Your far left edge at KSJT has good on-field chinese, etc.
Ranger probably can get that or something else nearby. They're good folks. Aircrews are always hauling lots of Chick-fil-A back to Laughlin AFB in Del Rio.

A small bit south. Call 11R Brenham and see if they can fix you up. 6000 feet and Jet A. They are used to helping out the jet set.

Thanks gang! I bet we don't go hungry. @oilburner I called Ranger this am - they said no food. If the on field chinese is good, I think we'll try it!

A small bit south. Call 11R Brenham and see if they can fix you up. 6000 feet and Jet A. They are used to helping out the jet set.
And was sad to hear that the on-field diner closed.

Yep the business is down such that he cant afford to lose money for too long. They are thinking of revisions they can make and possibly reopen with an up tick in flying.

KHYI - San Marcos Texas. ..... I ate there a lot when I was doing my IFR training at KHYI
Where in Austin are ya? Have you joined our AAMU group yet or do you prefer Fecesbook? (feel free to PM me, most of us AAMU guys are on the north side)

And was sad to hear that the on-field diner closed.
Agreed.
We are still hoping that somebody will buy it and reopen soon. Great fly-in destination.

Where in Austin are ya? Have you joined our AAMU group yet or do you prefer Fecesbook? (feel free to PM me, most of us AAMU guys are on the north side)

I'd love to join, I'll PM you. I live northwest 183, and fly out of KGTU. I'm in South America at the moment but I'll be back in Austin just in time for the summer heat :)

Back