Test - Message too short?

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
I'm trying to reply to Elizabeth's "kids don't sleep" message, it keeps telling me that my "reply is too short, please enter at least 5 characters". Closed browser, tried again, no joy. This is a test to see if it happens on new posts too, or just her thread.

I figured out what it was... my first QUOTE closing tag didn't have a / in it. Just have messed up the javascript. Here's what my original post (the one that caused the error had Notice the closing QUOTE tag on the first quote... that's what caused the issue:

Code:
[QUOTE=woodstock]Now her work sched is making the lack of sleep almost a crisis.  apparently he is restless for hours on end at night.  
[QUOTE]

Apparently there are a lot of Moms with this problem, enough that other moms are capitalizing on it.  I just read this earlier this week (go figure!):

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14869069/site/newsweek/

[QUOTE=MSNBC article snippet]
Sept. 25, 2006 issue - It wasn't long into my maternity leave when I hatched my first idea for a new business: I'd start a "night-care center" where sleep-deprived parents could drop off their newborns and head home for eight hours of uninterrupted slumber.
[/QUOTE]

quoting other people doesn't towards reply length, so yes, if you failed to properly close the quote tags, your message would be read as too short.

Greebo said:
quoting other people doesn't towards reply length, so yes, if you failed to properly close the quote tags, your message would be read as too short.

Thanks, Chuck, that makes total sense! It saw the ENTIRE message as a quote, didn't it?! [the close quote on the MSNBC article being matched to the original open quote for Elizabeth's comment].

Troy Whistman said:
Thanks, Chuck, that makes total sense! It saw the ENTIRE message as a quote, didn't it?! [the close quote on the MSNBC article being matched to the original open quote for Elizabeth's comment].
5char

Back