Terminating membership

A couple of weeks ago I was on TV in Taiwan with the mayor of Taichung. The weird part was being recognized the next day by a local. Bizaro world sometimes.

Yeah, anonymity is hopeless. My former mother-in-law knew I had remarried because a mutual friend had seen me on a televised Board of County Commissioner public hearing. People actually watch those boring public channel things???! He noticed I wore a wedding band.

One time I was in a line waiting for my test results at a certification meeting. I heard someone say "So, that's Dart". Hmmm. Hope I met expectations.

Small world indeed. The thing is as I get older I care less and actually get a kick out those random "blasts from the past".

I wont be running for public office anytime soon. :blush:

Small world indeed. The thing is as I get older I care less and actually get a kick out those random "blasts from the past".
I had a guy contact me who was doing research on the neighborhood where my father and uncle grew up in the 1920s. He figured out my name from my father's obituary (he died in 1973) and it was only a couple short steps to finding me.

Try teaching a thousand students a year if you want to be anonymous.
I've always told my college classes not to be upset or insulted if I don't match name with face. Look on the bright side - it you've annoyed me during the semester, I won't know who you are so there won't be any subjectivity in grading....

I had a guy contact me who was doing research on the neighborhood where my father and uncle grew up in the 1920s. He figured out my name from my father's obituary (he died in 1973) and it was only a couple short steps to finding me.

And that's pre-Internet sleuthing. Every see that show on "six degrees of separation? It was pretty amazing how easy it is for a random person in a random place to get a message to someone they never met.

I've always told my college classes not to be upset or insulted if I don't match name with face. Look on the bright side - it you've annoyed me during the semester, I won't know who you are so there won't be any subjectivity in grading....

I went to a private tech school where the entire enrollment for the College of Biological Sciences was less than 1000. :frown3: My profs knew me all to well.

(I knew them pretty well too, kinda a "checks and balances" thing! :smile:)

Back