Terminating membership

David Moeslein

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
DAVID
I've sent messages to administrators to no avail.

I need to know how to TERMINATE my membership. I no longer want to part of this site. I want my account ot be terminated and all postings by me to be deleted.

Please advise how that can happen.

Couldn't you go through your posts and edit them down to a single character? Hit "save" and you've effectively eliminated them.

Just a thought... Dunno why you'd want to quit PofA, but that seems to be the most foolproof way of clearing your recorded posts...

I've sent messages to administrators to no avail.

I need to know how to TERMINATE my membership. I no longer want to part of this site. I want my account ot be terminated and all postings by me to be deleted.

Please advise how that can happen.

It aint easy. I tried in the past, too.

Best bet is to hang your hat on what you've said, and let it go. Provided you didn't cowboypilot us, even with the lawsuit stuff, I think you're ok.

Seems to me that I have still been able to read messages by terminated members. They are just called "POAdeleted1" etc, instead of their username.

I don't understand. I am on my share of forums, chatgroups and this seems like one of the nicest group of folks of all!

You can delete any message you have posted other than one starting a thread by going to Edit and then hitting the delete button. You remove all content but a single character from posts which started a thread by going to the post, hitting Edit, removing the content, and hitting Save. However, you cannot remove the quotations of your posts by others -- only the quoter or the MC has the power to remove those, and the MC won't go to that staggering level of effort to "search and destroy" all quotes of all posts you made. Further, when I was on the MC, it was decided that the MC would not get into the business of manually deleting up to thousands of posts by someone who wants to terminate his/her participation here. They'll do what was said above by changing your login name on the posts to "POAdeleted#," but that's about all they have the resources to do.

Another case of remembering never to post on the internet anything you might not want to remain available forever.

Last edited:
You Terminate your "membership" by not posting or logging on to the Site. POA does not delete a full series of posts only the poster can do that. There are no Dues so there is no billing to stop. There are no mailings to stop with perhaps an annual happy blirthday message. Its not like someone "joins' POA they merely post here. There is in actuality no membership

Last edited:
It's like the mob. Getting in is the easy part.

Delete your book mark, move on, and have a nice life.

Bye Bye..

I just had to go see all Davids posts to see what it was he didn't want someone to see.:blush:

Delete your book mark, move on, and have a nice life.

Bye Bye..

It's someone else reading what he wrote that he's worried about. I think some of this stuff comes through on search engines.

Edit: Yeah, Google his name, first thing that came up was his POA profile, second thing was the threads of him whining. Top on Answers.com as well. Bing it makes #4 and Ask it's at the top as well.
Yahoo doesn't bring up POA, but it does give the PDF from the NTSB as #4.

Last edited:
Post in haste, repent in leisure. Impulse control is important, for pilots.

I was once sued over stuff I'd posted in a public form. When I read my quoted material in the plaintiff's filing, I was relieved to realize that I still felt the same way and, if necessary, would have posted the same stuff again. Case was dismissed early, never ever got to the deposition stage.

Ron Wanttaja

Maybe if we had a private forum ....... :devil::devil::devil:

David,

Start manually deleting your posts and then request that your login name be deleted that is about as much as you can hope for. You dug your own hole and you will have to fill it yourself too.

Maybe if we had a private forum ....... :devil::devil::devil:

David,

Start manually deleting your posts and then request that your login name be deleted that is about as much as you can hope for. You dug your own hole and you will have to fill it yourself too.

Why should he, he's not responsible for anything, didn't you read a word he said? It wouldn't matter anyway, he was quoted so many times in those threads, It's easy enough to play "fill in the blanks", plus he can't delete the thread starting posts, and he started all of them. They are just part of his "permanent record". He should stand by what he says. If he changed his mind and/or feelings, he can add that to the record. Trying to back pedal and removing what he said just makes him look worse, like he's trying to hide something. Nobody wants to hire a weasel.

Last edited:
RE: David's request

Another example of someone buying a computer at the grocery store and not understanding what the phrase "world wide web" means.

David, before you go to that level of effort, please realize that deleting the content of your posts isn't going to keep them from being visible on the web. Google caches copies of the content they've indexed. Therefore, when someone Google's your name, they'll return the list of pages where your name has been... if the original content isn't there, a searcher can click the "Cached" link to see a copy of the original content.

I've stopped using my full last name on sites like this, for that very reason. "Troy W" is generic enough to keep it semi-anonymous. You all know who I am; the rest of the world doesn't need to know.

Personally, I try to avoid posting anything I wouldn't want to see on the front page of the New York Times. I probably slip up once in a while, though.

I still find posts I made 30 years ago on a listserver somewhere. You said it, now live with the consequences.
And please stop whining!

I still find posts I made 30 years ago on a listserver somewhere. You said it, now live with the consequences.
And please stop whining!
So true! I entered an old email address for me and it brought up an old post I made in 1995 on rec.scuba.

Mr. Moeslein may be regretting some of the things he posted about his situation. But perhaps to deal with this he can take some responsibility for himself for once and stand by his comments.

Last edited:
Didn't the Eagles write about this?

You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

Best,

Dave

So true! I entered an old email address for me and it brought up an old post I made in 1995 on rec.scuba.

rec.scuba.... Popeye sent me a jar of his shine once, damn that stuff was good.....

Didn't the Eagles write about this?

You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

Best,

Dave
And I thought Dave was a young man. If that comes to mind you have to be at least as old as I am, sheesh just pack it in man.

I see this a lot like the young lady who sexted her beau and then tried to get the pics off the Internet. Mom had a long sob story in the Los Angeles Times.

Good luck to the both of you, show me your butt and then try to unring the bell (See Mari's signature).

I found an old user ID in a text document that was in Russian - I had a friend translate it and, yup, it was stuff I had written...
I get that all the time. I am involved in international business and see stuff I wrote or written about me in newspapers and websites in many countries. There is no anonymity on the Internet.

It was a dark and stormy night . . .

I get that all the time. I am involved in international business and see stuff I wrote or written about me in newspapers and websites in many countries. There is no anonymity on the Internet.

And the irony is that the Chinese Media referred to you as ScottM the Yankee Imperialist Capitalist Dog.

Sorry just had too could not resist Scott:D

And the irony is that the Chinese Media referred to you as ScottM the Yankee Imperialist Capitalist Dog.

Hmmm...Some Chinese called me a "running dog of Wall Street imperialism" when I was in grad school.

Yeah, but for China, that's like signing your name "ScottM, MBA"

I know who can handle this job fer ya.

Attachments

• the-terminator-1-1024.jpg
    the-terminator-1-1024.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 3
When I saw the title of this thread, I was curious. Now that I've looked at it, I am [sarcasm] shocked :yikes:[/sarcasm].
Dave, (I can call you Dave, can't I) Suck it up, call whine-one-one, and move on.

It's tough trying to find an Internet forum where everyone agrees with everything I say. It's just awful when all the members do not share my point of view on every little thing that pops into my mind.

Sarcasm aside, isn't a forum supposed be be an assembly of individual thinkers? A place where a person could search out the validity of their own thinking? Perhaps a place to discover that you are not always right?

What if you were marooned on an island by yourself, with no communication of any kind, with your own species, not even old books,? Years of having not one person giving you any feedback? How long would it take for madness to set in?

David, the folks who oppose your line of thinking are your biggest asset in life, they force you to think about what you are saying. If every person you met, totally agreed with you on every issue, would that not be as bad as being marooned with no feedback at all? You would never know if you are right or wrong about anything.

This is a damn great forum, the membership does not bull**** you. You are guaranteed diverse feedback on your thinking. What could be better than that?

John

We're kind of like Mom. We have hugs for each other but also have a finely-tuned BS detector ;)

(In honor of the day. )

Leslie and I have a saying. It's not original to us, but I don't remember where we got it. "In any relationship, if both parties are in 100% agreement, one of them is redundant." Easily extrapolated to the board!

A couple of weeks ago I was on TV in Taiwan with the mayor of Taichung. The weird part was being recognized the next day by a local. Bizaro world sometimes.

Back