Tennessee Highway Patrol Chopper down

That’s a real dicey mountain pass essentially. I can never maintain cell service. LOTS of varsity cloudy conditions and steep terrain right there.

Last edited:
SR 134, interstate 24 and power lines, this is my best guess.

Attachments

• D77DC2A9-8582-418B-89D8-11AC27B94EE8.png
    D77DC2A9-8582-418B-89D8-11AC27B94EE8.png
    984.9 KB · Views: 27
That’s a real dicey mountain pass essentially.
I guess it all depends on what you consider to be ‘dicey’. The tops of that area are about 2,500ft-3,000ft MSL. I suppose it can be much more dicier down low if you’re zig zagging through it, but I’m anxious to learn what the nature of this accident was and why they were down so low.

Well… they apparently hit power lines, so dicey seems to apply…

Don’t know how many times I wanted to fly from Lafayette (9a5) to Marion County (APT) and cloud deck was vfr both places but I knew it wouldn’t be going through that pass and then driving noticed you’d have to zig zag through there to make it.

Well… they apparently hit power lines, so dicey seems to apply…

Don’t know how many times I wanted to fly from Lafayette (9a5) to Marion County (APT) and cloud deck was vfr both places but I knew it wouldn’t be going through that pass and then driving noticed you’d have to zig zag through there to make it.

Lots of high tension powerlines around APT. Departed from an LZ by the river there once and went by some tall ones that I never saw on my recon. Guy I work with hit lines 10 years ago about 60 miles east of APT.

Back