..Tell me about Mooney

Mooneys are high quality, efficient airplanes. BUT, as has been mentioned, the mechanicals are stuffed in the cowling pretty tightly. My only beef with Mooneys is, after you get to fly a real nice airplane - like a Bonanza or Bellanca, a Mooney flys like an old tractor. I like the Comanches, save for the 180hp version. The 250/260 does everthing well...you can load it up with 4 fat guys and fuel for Utah.

Never flown a Bellanca, but I prefer a Mooney to a Bonanza any day (sorry, Spike).

Never flown a Bellanca, but I prefer a Mooney to a Bonanza any day (sorry, Spike).

How could that offend? Differences make life worth living.

And when you fly a Bellanca, you'll learn why Bellanca pilots think *everything* else flies like a tractor.

I have a '65 C model with the newer J model cowling. I absolutely love the speed. Since it 's mostly me and the wife, it suits my mission profile well. I get 150+knots on ~10gph. Of course, space is tight and having 4 adults is not an option.

Some people also prefer a McDonald's burger over a steak at Wolfgang Puck's in Beverly Hills.

That comparison isn't valid. Mooneys and Bonanzas are actually both airplanes that are similar.

McDonald's doesn't use meat in their burgers.

Back