TELEVISION PRODUCTION COMPANY LOOKING FOR FERRY PILOTS FOR DISCOVERY CHANNEL SERIES

airdevil

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
airdevil
TV production company Pixcom is urgently searching for adventurous Ferry Pilots on interesting runs for a new Discovery Channel series. If this sounds like you or someone you know, please contact plaurence@pixcom.com for more information - and feel free to pass this forward. Please note that this is not an offer of employment - we are looking for pilots already working ferrying planes.

Re: TELEVISION PRODUCTION COMPANY LOOKING FOR FERRY PILOTS FOR DISCOVERY CHANNEL SER

AWESOME! I THINK THIS IS A REALLY GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR SOME PILOT SOMEWHERE. DISCOVERY CHANNEL IS GOOD.

Re: TELEVISION PRODUCTION COMPANY LOOKING FOR FERRY PILOTS FOR DISCOVERY CHANNEL SER

THANKS FOR POSTING. I THINK YOU WILL GET EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.

ME TOO!

They oughta get in touch with Allen Gilbert.

OK, has hell frozen over, or are pigs flying?

What's with the spate of general aviation shows? Nothing for decades, then 2 or 3 now, and apparently one in pre-production?

Awesome!

What's with the spate of general aviation shows? Nothing for decades, then 2 or 3 now, and apparently one in pre-production?

Awesome!
WHAT DID YOU SAY STAN?? PLEASE SPEAK UP??

IT'S A GOOD THING THEY WEREN'T LOOKING FOR MESSERSMITT ME-262 PILOTS FOR A DISCOVERY SERIES ABOUT ******.

ME TOO!

They oughta get in touch with Allen Gilbert.

they found him! i shot him an email... we'll see... could be interesting.

Remember when I got hosed by the History Channel? I backed out of giving any info aside from some basic stuff. They ran with my info and then didn't pay me.

Bastards.

DIDN'T HILTER GIVE THE GO AHEAD ON THE ME-262 PROGRAM?

He did.

He also stubbornly insisted on using the Me-262 as a bomber...(not in its originally intended role as a fighter)

If he had listened to brilliant Luftwaffe pilots like Adolph Galland, the allies would have lost air supremacy over Europe in 1943 and 1944 (probably until the arrival of the Meteor jet fighters).

A great military commander - he was not.

DIDN'T HILTER GIVE THE GO AHEAD ON THE ME-262 PROGRAM?

He actually caused over a years delay in it coming online. He wanted it for a ground attack/bomber aircraft and Goering wanted, and it was designed as, an interceptor which is what the Luftwaffe really needed it to be.

Last edited:

Remember when I got hosed by the History Channel? I backed out of giving any info aside from some basic stuff. They ran with my info and then didn't pay me.

Bastards.

Nick, I do not remember - refresh my old f*rt's memory, OK?

Nick, I do not remember - refresh my old f*rt's memory, OK?

Unfortunately, that piece of history was lost to me being dumb and deleting a lot of posts...but you can kind of get a sense for it here:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21478

My posts were there. and they're quoted. I think as a MC member, you can read the posts I deleted (and, if you wanted to, restore them....that would be cool).

That was a pretty funny little thing.

Unfortunately, that piece of history was lost to me being dumb and deleting a lot of posts...but you can kind of get a sense for it here:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21478

My posts were there. and they're quoted. I think as a MC member, you can read the posts I deleted (and, if you wanted to, restore them....that would be cool).

That was a pretty funny little thing.

So they came looking, you sent them a completely bogus email, and they used it as "evidence" of a UFO? Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But they didn't give you the promised money. Not cool. :nono:

Awesome!

It's just the same old- same old Hollywood story. There's a lack of imagination so it's all the same thing until some executive decides that the ratings are sufficiently low enough that there is no risk in trying something different then if it works 47 other production companies will create a small variant and produce a show (if it's going on a cable network, good luck on the talent seeing a dime out of it like Discovery or any of their affiliates like History) and suddenly you have a bunch of the shows until everyone is sufficiently bored with it and the ratings drop again and something else that hasn't been done in a few years takes over.

So they came looking, you sent them a completely bogus email, and they used it as "evidence" of a UFO? Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gotta remember, it's not "History Channel" that is doing the work, they just buy the stuff from extremely low budget production companies (who often represent themselves as "History" or "Discovery") for a comparative pittance when you consider what normal "Big 3" network programming costs. You never do anything for these companies without money up front, BTDT, getting paid is a royal PITA. I would always hold their equipment hostage on the boat until they paid. Music videos, same way. "Murder She Wrote" and Video X Productions were the only solid payers I never had to worry about.

That's the jist of it. I eventually chickened out of it, for fear that being identified as a UFO sighter would come back to bite me from the FAA's standpoint in mental stability. Didn't stop them from taking what we had talked about, using it, and then not paying.

LOL. At least I know the truth is out there....

That's the jist of it. I eventually chickened out of it, for fear that being identified as a UFO sighter would come back to bite me from the FAA's standpoint in mental stability. Didn't stop them from taking what we had talked about, using it, and then not paying.

LOL. At least I know the truth is out there....

Since, by your own description, you chickened out of it, do you feel that you held up your end of the bargain?

Since, by your own description, you chickened out of it, do you feel that you held up your end of the bargain?

Intellectual property, writers and copy guys get paid even without going on camera, often more than on camera "talent".

WHAT DID YOU SAY STAN?? PLEASE SPEAK UP??

just said who i was and asked for more info...

NO, SCOTT'S JUST HAVING A HARD TIME HEARING WITH ALL THE YELLING THAT'S GOING ON IN THIS POST. HE MUST BE GETTING OLD, OR THE ANR'S AREN'T WORKING VERY WELL.

NO, SCOTT'S JUST HAVING A HARD TIME HEARING WITH ALL THE YELLING THAT'S GOING ON IN THIS POST. HE MUST BE GETTING OLD, OR THE ANR'S AREN'T WORKING VERY WELL.
I THINK IT IS THE ANRS. PROBABLY ZULUS WITH WEAK BATTERIES, MAYBE NEED BOSE HEADSETS. :ihih:

I THINK IT IS THE ANRS. PROBABLY ZULUS WITH WEAK BATTERIES, MAYBE NEED BOSE HEADSETS. :ihih:

Here...crossposting from another thread:

It's not an airplane, ok.

rotor+wash.jpg

Probably not. But that didn't stop them from taking what information I had given then and running with it.

But now, its "an anonymous pilot." Bastards.

Probably not. But that didn't stop them from taking what information I had given then and running with it.

But now, its "an anonymous pilot." Bastards.
Maybe Anon Y. Mous also got your cash too? I wonder if he is any relation to Any Mouse who posts on the Purple Board?

Back