Ted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AsGoodAsCake
Ok, he hasn't really introduced himself so I'm outting him. We have a new lurking member Ted DuPuis and if you've seen one of his two posts you may have noticed he's in Williamsport too. Well yes I know him... after flying with me and and a few others a couple of times, he decided this flying thing was really cool.

So today I get this call from Ted's instructor Scott and Scott says almost wispering "I think I'm going to solo Ted today"

So after work today I ran over to the airport and captured a few shots of the first time Ted broke free of the earth by himself and returned without incident.

Congrats Ted!
Missa

Attachments

• DSC01231.JPG
    DSC01231.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • DSC01230.JPG
    DSC01230.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • DSC01240.JPG
    DSC01240.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • DSC01239.JPG
    DSC01239.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
Well Missa, tell him i said CONGRATS,and someday i'll fly up there and meet him(and you too). I know i've been saying that since you moved up there ,but someday i will honest.
Dave G:blueplane:

Very cool. That looks like its right outside the Degol hanger. I'd also recognize that hill anywhere. Kudo to Ted.

Well I'll come out of lurking long enough to say "Hi!" and thanks for the congratulations! :)

The solo went well, and uneventful (big part). It was a blast! Now my instructor says we start on cross countries. Can't wait!

Oh, and Missa I expect copies of those pictures... :)

Very cool. That looks like its right outside the Degol hanger. I'd also recognize that hill anywhere. Kudo to Ted.

The hill you have right but the hanger isn't Degol. It's a hanger on the other side of the airport.

Missa

Horrible waste of a cool T-shirt...:(

But -good for him!! :D

He He... he actually bought it for that purpose. At work he was wearing a black dress shirt, I asked him "Is that what you are wearing to your flying lesson today?" I had a pair of scissors in my hand and was snipping the air with them.... :rolleyes: I thought I was going to have to take white out with me to write on the shirt tail.

Missa

Congratulations Ted! Sounds like you did a great job on your solo. :yes:

Welcome to the forum!

I liked the shirt that got cut up, but I figured it was more appropriate for the occasion than my dress shirt. Missa also was waiting there with scissors in hand (not to mention markers) when I was finished. When Scott and I came back after our first three touch-and-gos I saw her sitting outside in a chair and said "I think I know who that is..." Having an audience was fun, actually. :)

Thanks, Diana! I can say all my landings were great on my solo (I was able to walk away and the plane was reuseable)! :)

The day before yesterday, Scott had me doing touch-and-gos in 15-20 mph crosswinds. The winds were coming at 20 and we were using runway 12. Not to mention it was very choppy out, lots of wind shears. Even though it was a little breezy yesterday for my solo, in comparison to the day before it felt calm. Funny how that happens. :)

Many thanks to Missa and Scott (and everyone else) for the support and encouragement!

You know... it's almost as fun watching someone else taking the first steps as it was when I was taking them.... Almost.

Ted, congrats on slipping those surly bonds alone! And we expect to hear more from you in the future! :)

Back