Tebow to Jets

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
4b94241c-872a-577b.jpg

:rofl:

Interesting that they decide that Manning, at the age of 36 and unknown at this point, was worth getting rid of Tebow. :dunno:

Yeah, what does Elway know about quarterbacks anyway?

Interesting that they decide that Manning, at the age of 36 and unknown at this point, was worth getting rid of Tebow. :dunno:

Rumors and gossip indicate this is because Tebow was recruited by the previous coach. This pretty much makes it a clean sweep.

The Broncos are Pat Bowlen's play toy, and he can do whatever he wants with it.

This is just not going to turn out well. I have this ugly feeling that manning's going to suffer a season-ending injury early in the season and the donks are going to be so hosed!

This is just not going to turn out well. I have this ugly feeling that manning's going to suffer a season-ending injury early in the season and the donks are going to be so hosed!

Only if they play the Saints. ;)

This was ALL Elway. He has no confidence in Tebow nor his unorthodox style.

I agree with Greg, this is a big risk for the Donkies. If Peyton can't play well or he gets hurt again, they will be hosed. However, that pretty much goes for any NFL team, but maybe they should have kept Tebow as a back up.

I would have liked to see Tebow go to Philly to react to the anti-matter which is Michael Vick. Can you imagine? :)

Over past 5 years, Manning has just 1 more playoff win than Tebow

Well I think he should start with single engine props, work his way to turbo props and a twin or two along the way...and THEN go to the jets...

Tebow hasn't learned to see anything downfield other than the play that was called and/or a hole he can run through. I'm not sure he ever will.

When Dawkins went out, the Broncos barely squeaked by. Went backwards if you ask me.

I started counting wide open receivers that Tebow couldn't see early on in his run with the Broncos, and stopped counting after a few games.

He may be a decent player, but he's got to learn to read where the defenders went to know who's not covered. He doesn't seem to see much downfield.

Manning, yes. A big gamble. They did at least write requirements that he pass his physicals into the contract. He goes out, they have a big problem.

Might be interesting to watch. Might completely bomb. We'll see.

Manning appears to really get it that Denver fans are rabid, though. He's already pulled his (Elway car dealership provided) new Escalade over on the side of the road near Dove Valley to sign autographs for folks nearby. He's setting up for a retirement run. Good place to finish raising the kids, etc.

I think the kid was very gracious about the whole thing too. He'll either get better at reading what's going on... or he'll be a huge disappointment. And Jets fans can be downright wicked to disappointing players. Could be rough.

How many other all-pro QB's had trouble reading defenses and adjusting to the speed of NFL games during their rookie year? If you had been on the field dodging 4.4 linebackers and Tebow had been sitting on your couch, who would have seen the most open receivers?

Tebow hasn't learned to see anything downfield other than the play that was called and/or a hole he can run through. I'm not sure he ever will.

When Dawkins went out, the Broncos barely squeaked by. Went backwards if you ask me.

I started counting wide open receivers that Tebow couldn't see early on in his run with the Broncos, and stopped counting after a few games.

He may be a decent player, but he's got to learn to read where the defenders went to know who's not covered. He doesn't seem to see much downfield.

Manning, yes. A big gamble. They did at least write requirements that he pass his physicals into the contract. He goes out, they have a big problem.

Might be interesting to watch. Might completely bomb. We'll see.

Manning appears to really get it that Denver fans are rabid, though. He's already pulled his (Elway car dealership provided) new Escalade over on the side of the road near Dove Valley to sign autographs for folks nearby. He's setting up for a retirement run. Good place to finish raising the kids, etc.

I think the kid was very gracious about the whole thing too. He'll either get better at reading what's going on... or he'll be a huge disappointment. And Jets fans can be downright wicked to disappointing players. Could be rough.

Not sure there are rookie QB's that are able to see the field for a couple of years. Takes a while to settle in and be able to accomplish that.

Not sure there are rookie QB's that are able to see the field for a couple of years. Takes a while to settle in and be able to accomplish that.

Yep, we won't know for a while. Elway, Montana, etc did not tear up the league their first year or two either. Few quaterbacks do. I think Tebow has the potential to be a very good NFL QB.

Everybody in the league knew his throwing motion was flawed by the big arm drop wind-up and that he would need time and reps to fix it. The absence of off-season work and shortened training camp made such work impossible, and then he sat for the first part of the season.

At that point, whatever he accomplished as a starter was a crapshoot, and Fox put him in the lineup because he had nothing to lose and the fans wanted him on the field. Whether he will adapt is unknown, but it's way to early to make the call.

Yep, we won't know for a while. Elway, Montana, etc did not tear up the league their first year or two either. Few quaterbacks do. I think Tebow has the potential to be a very good NFL QB.

Back