Team America

Dave Krall CFII

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES, Cmcl HELI
Was done rechecking my explosives and alcohol supplies for the Fourth of July and found they were ready, well, they're always ready. So took in a few movies and at the top of the list now proudly hails, TEAM AMERICA World Police.

During this time of growing internal conflict among some within our USA, it's viewing can yield clarity and purpose to our multifaceted War on Terror in a no-punches-pulled fashion that for some, may be just too close to the real thing. The actors are so superb in both their overall execution and keen emotions that one doesn't even realize they're actors and feels all the strife of the conflicts, both physical and mental. The special effects are so flawless and graphic as to drive the scenes' impacts painfully home all the harder.

Violent as life itself to be sure, the film still takes time for scenes of the emotions of true love (some are quite steamy, so be careful) as well as those of personal and worldwide terror yet still finds the time for side-splitting laughs. It is indeed unusual for me to do so but, this film is so patriotically poignant particularly on this pre-Idependence Day weekend that I unreservedly have given it a 5-Star Rating and is a must see for every American.

Last edited:
Dave Krall CFII said:
Violent as life itself to be sure, the film still takes time for scenes of the emotions of true love (some are quite steamy, so be careful) as well as those of personal and worldwide terror yet still finds the time for side-splitting laughs.

Dave,

Sounds like a good movie, and I look forward to seeing it.

But, a warning about steamy scenes of true love, but not about violence or scenes of terror? :dunno: Kind of sad that this is the way we (generalizing to "Americans") think. Seems to me like we could use a lot more of the former and a lot fewer of the latter, especially in real life.:yes:

gprellwitz said:
Dave,

But, a warning about steamy scenes of true love, but not about violence or scenes of terror? :dunno: Kind of sad that this is the way we (generalizing to "Americans") think. Seems to me like we could use a lot more of the former and a lot fewer of the latter, especially in real life.:yes:

Oh yeah, I hear you. My "warning" was mostly tongue in cheek as you may see in the film.

I watched parts of Mr & Mrs Smith (PG 14) where the PG 14 rating allows for a full kick in the nads while the Mr & Mrs persistantly try to kill each other but, God forbid any glimpses of said be seen!

Last edited:
gprellwitz said:
Dave,

It's puppet sex, and that is serious business. Not something to be taken lightly at all. :rofl:

If I watch it, I spend the next 4 or 5 days mumbling "Dirka dirka mohammed jihad" under my breath.

What a great flick.

Cheers,

-Andrew

astanley said:
If I watch it, I spend the next 4 or 5 days mumbling "Dirka dirka mohammed jihad" under my breath.

What a great flick.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I'm so ronrey, so ronrey......... Saw The Man on Fox News this afternoon, and I automatically started singing that...... my coworkers looked at me as if I was dereanged.....

astanley said:

What a great flick.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Sherpa Sherpa Baka allah!!!:rofl:

I saw a few minutes of the unrated DVD. Trust me, it was beyond puppet sex and a graphic depiction of just about every beyond nasty scatological thing you've ever heard of on the internet.

flyifrvfr said:
Sherpa Sherpa Baka allah!!!:rofl:

After the Star Spangled Banner to open the Independence Day fireworks display, we played the theme song.
It was so, damn, beautiful.

larrysb said:
I saw a few minutes of the unrated DVD. Trust me, it was beyond puppet sex and a graphic depiction of just about every beyond nasty scatological thing you've ever heard of on the internet.

I know, it was cool wasn't it!!

larrysb said:

The link I posted is of the unrated puppet sex scene. It does 'stretch' the boundaries of good taste. Me thinks that Matt and Trey put that scene in to get dinged by the MPAA, get lots of press and then pull it back to get the rating they really wanted. Much like what they did with Bigger, longer, Uncut and the Saddam/Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysb
smigaldi said:
The link I posted is of the unrated puppet sex scene. It does 'stretch' the boundaries of good taste. Me thinks that Matt and Trey put that scene in to get dinged by the MPAA, get lots of press and then pull it back to get the rating they really wanted. Much like what they did with Bigger, longer, Uncut and the Saddam/Satan
Can the words scat, and good taste be used in the same post?

larrysb said:
I found it pretty disgusting. Urinating and defecating on someone's face, even though portrayed as "puppet sex" is not cool.

Yikes! It sounds like there was a BIG difference between the R rated version I saw and enjoyed on TV and the apparently much raunchier unrated version.

Back