Target Drop at 6Y9

ladyaviator

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Linda
Just got the schedule for the UP Michigan Air Tour and on Saturday there will be a target (flour) drop at Pricket Grooms 6Y9.

Ed will you be our target :target:

Sorry, just couldn`t resist ;)

Linda

ladyaviator said:

Ed,

If it's like any I've seen the safest place will be in the center of that circle.:rofl:

Joe

ladyaviator said:
Just got the schedule for the UP Michigan Air Tour and on Saturday there will be a target (flour) drop at Pricket Grooms 6Y9.

LOL Linda!

Ed, Jesse and I did some test drops yesterday to try and figure out how much flour should go in each bag to make it explode on impact. :D :target:

I just wish I could make it up there in time to take pictures of all the planes as they pass over.

ladyaviator said:
Just got the schedule for the UP Michigan Air Tour

Make sure you claim all the airports for ConUs. I can't remember if they are stopping at Stambaugh Y73. It is worth a landing just to say you did it. The airport sits on a Mesa-like piece of land. From the south it looks a little like your landing on an aircraft carrier. It is between Ironwood and Iron Mountain

Barb

We were off by about 1,000 feet.

jangell said:
We were off by about 1,000 feet.

Yeah, so much for that forward momentum on the drops.

flyingcheesehead said:
Me too? I don't think I dropped 1000 feet early. :dunno:

No, you were off laterally, but had the correct E-W distance.

N2212R said:
No, you were off laterally, but had the correct E-W distance.

Cool! So what do I win? :D

Autopilot altitude hold wouldn't engage that low (not sure what the limitation is on that :dunno:) so I had to fly the pesky airplane, otherwise I'm sure I'd have nailed it. :yes:

Let me guess... I was off toward the parking side?

flyingcheesehead said:
Cool! So what do I win? :D

Autopilot altitude hold wouldn't engage that low (not sure what the limitation is on that :dunno:) so I had to fly the pesky airplane, otherwise I'm sure I'd have nailed it. :yes:

Let me guess... I was off toward the parking side?

Gov. surplus Norden (sic?) bombsites anyone?

Back