Taking your own photo in the cockpit.

Pinstriper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Pinstriper
Yesterday I went on a flight with a friend in an old c150.. And FINALLY I remembered to try to use me old iPhone app to try a 360* pano from inside the cockpit.. It worked! Let's face it, we all try to get our mug shots while flying at some point. This just happens to take a bit more :yikes: http://www.dermandar.com/p/egynQs/c-150-flight-over-cherokee-ca

Last edited:
What's the app, and how does it work?
I noticed the ding over the passenger door, some one in a hurry to get out?
Nice panorama

What a cool app, and thanks for sharing. Now I'll have to go try it out! :)

That functionality is built in to the 5 I believe.

Old well used 150.. Loose unstitched headliner.. But a pretty neat app.. The Pano built into the iphone is not 360* capable .. The app is called Dermander. I uploaded this pano while in flight as well... No need to connect to wifi to do so. The toughest part is holding the camera straight and level while rotating it (with out making stupid faces anyway:mad2: ). We were in a shallow climb at the time, next time I'll do it on the straight and level.

Last edited:
When Margy was getting her picture taken for a spread in Teacher magazine, the photographer was in the back seat for the inflight stuff while Margy was flying and I was in the right seat ostensibly keeping an eye out since everything else was going on inside the cockpit. At one point, he just passed up his camera and told me to just hold it up near the windshield and point it back at Margy. I snapped a few of those like that, and it's some of the best inflight pictures we have of someone actually flying our plane. Margy shot some similar shots of me that I was going to use for my profile picture, but I realized they look a little goofy because I've got the oxygen cannula on.

I have that app and use it a lot for taking pictures of boiler and chiller rooms. Great reference when I am creating the drawing for the new equipment install. Never thought about using it in the air. How did you line the ying and yang up when taking the photo towards you?

Did you simply flip the screen?

Kinda tricky but doable.. I just carefully rotated it and watched the phone to be sure it remained verticle..

Back