Taipei airport aviation musuem

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
I am at the Taipei airport today, well actually just outside the airport at the Novotel. I am awaiting transport to Taichung later today at 1400. I just noticed outside of my hotel window that I am looking out at the Taiwan Aviation Museum. Anyone ever been there? I see several planes on display and there is a pseudo-tower to look out at the runways. Which I see from my room just fine.

Last edited:
Soooo, pictures?
Well you recall that thread about what type of point and shoot camera I should get? That was because I did not bring a camera with me as all I have anymore is a large SLR and I travel for work very light. So no pictures, sorry.

Interesting musuem, lots of US planes with Republic of China insignia. There is a thud and a DC3 parked out front of the place. In fact I am back at the Novotel Airport hotel looking at the museum as I write this. It is worth a visit to kill a couple of hours if you are here.

Well you recall that thread about what type of point and shoot camera I should get? That was because I did not bring a camera with me as all I have anymore is a large SLR and I travel for work very light. So no pictures, sorry.

<SNIP>
That's what Google Maps is good for (look for camera stores:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...429,121.520977&spn=0.105889,0.144882&t=h&z=13

Bing did a lousy job searching for stores, although thry did have a map.

Interesting musuem, lots of US planes with Republic of China insignia. There is a thud and a DC3 parked out front of the place. In fact I am back at the Novotel Airport hotel looking at the museum as I write this. It is worth a visit to kill a couple of hours if you are here.

I sorta figured they'd have a lot of US planes there given their history. Thanks for the PIREP

Back