Tailwinds Momofuko

Add me to the list of college kids that would stock up on the ramen!

ive never gotten into ramen, i guess im one step up on the income bracket from that, for now. easy mac for me, yum yum!

I've gone the "upper-middle class route." Cup-a-noodles! Six for a buck! :goofy:

Always Mac & Cheese for me, don't care if I am rich or poor.

Back in the day. I could do many things with a simple sack of potatoes. (butter was a luxury)

But if I had a choice between Ramen and Mac&Cheese, I'd take the Ramen every time!:yes:

The kids just love Ramen Noodles, they are easy to make, and cheap. In other words, they are a staple in this house, lol.

ive never gotten into ramen, i guess im one step up on the income bracket from that, for now. easy mac for me, yum yum!

No way, Ramen Rules!!! You sweat some onion, celery and carrots (radishes, what ever is in the bottom drawer of the fridge) in the bottom of the pot, then poor in boiling water from the kettle, toss in the noodles and crack an egg or two into it and cook. Serve up with some wasabi either as a soup or strained through a collander and on a plate. You can also fry the cooked noodles (toss in some mushrooms?) and change the texture, you can serve them with pasta sauce... Sooooooo many things you can do with Ramen noodles....

No noodles for me. I lived on souped-up Minute Rice (cream of mushroom) and coffee (add one NoDoz per cup) through school.

When I moved out of the house at 18, I got an apartment and lived on soybeans for awhile. I went down to the feed store and bought a bushel of soybeans (marked "not sold for human consumption") and cooked them everywhichway possible. Other than that I ate hot dog soup and pickles. I had NO money and even qualified for food stamps.

No way, Ramen Rules!!! You sweat some onion, celery and carrots (radishes, what ever is in the bottom drawer of the fridge) in the bottom of the pot, then poor in boiling water from the kettle, toss in the noodles and crack an egg or two into it and cook.
Absolutely! Ramen is great for lazy cooks like me. Funny, I have liked it since I was a kid, long before it became a joke, or a meal for starving students and CFIs. The same goes for Spam.

Absolutely! Ramen is great for lazy cooks like me. Funny, I have liked it since I was a kid, long before it became a joke, or a meal for starving students and CFIs. The same goes for Spam.
I like Ramen and Spam both as well. I would probably buy Spam more often, except it seems kind of expensive (compared to other choices, anyway :) ).

I understand that there is a "Spam Museum" in Minnesota. It honestly IS on my list of places to go to and check out.

As far as soybeans... I worked on a farm for a few years recently, and if you ever got hungry while out in the field during harvest, or while hunting, corn and beans from the field tasted pretty good.

Judd

I understand that there is a "Spam Museum" in Minnesota. It honestly IS on my list of places to go to and check out.

Judd,

It's in Austin, MN. Their little local yearly summer festival is called the "Spam Jamboree." :rofl:

We should do a midwest fly in there! Visit the Spam Museum, ive never been to it, just seen the signs on I-90.

Februarys fairly open for me. SSA convention is first weekend, at least one of the weekends will probably be spent in Rockford. Itd be fun!

I just heard today that the creator Iwo Takakowa or something like that, another Japanese fellow ( acutally an American Citizen I believe) just died yesterday. He drew cartoon dogs including Scooby doo and Astro from the Jetsons.

Well as an Hommage to Mr. Momofuko I am having a beef ramen with some slices of Jarlsberg and Muenster cheeses!

1.39 for a 12 pack

Tailwinds indeed.

And John I have to agree about the call sign "Top Ramen"
Something like "Tripple 7 Top Ramen" :)

We should do a midwest fly in there! Visit the Spam Museum, ive never been to it, just seen the signs on I-90.

KAUM + Me == Not a good idea

I was born in Austin, MN...The Spam Museum is more or less a complete joke for everyone that lives there and I don't think any resident has ever went to it.

Actually, I haven't been able to eat Ramen since the two-week backpacking trip I took where I was going to live off the bountiful fish in the crystal mountain lakes. I threw a bunch of Ramen in the pack, just in case. Yep. Ramen with the seasoning, Ramen without the seasoning, Ramen with pine needles...

yea jesse, thats why we want to go! it'd be fun!

Actually, I haven't been able to eat Ramen since the two-week backpacking trip I took where I was going to live off the bountiful fish in the crystal mountain lakes. I threw a bunch of Ramen in the pack, just in case. Yep. Ramen with the seasoning, Ramen without the seasoning, Ramen with pine needles...
Petra, there's obviously more to this story... what about the "bountiful fish"? :D

Been there, done that! (finally did refine the art of snagging and had fish one day)

Back