Tailwheel Endorsement

Nice pictures. I believe I saw the red plane out by the hangar around 9:45AM. I went to SEE for the oral portion of my check ride.

Looks like a lot of fun, glad it went well. I've always wonder how my amputations will perform in a tail wheel. Must be doable. I don't have any prior TW time tho.

Go for it!:yes:

My entire left side "looks" horribly crippled- doesn't keep me from doing some real nice wheelies and 3-pointers. It does make convincing the CFI to judge my flying on what's happening outside the cockpit vs inside a real chore, though.

Last edited:
Hi Ryan (since you mentioned a J-3), and others - question...

I'm looking into a tailwheel endorsement too. I'm a pretty new pilot. I did most of my training in an LSA (Evektor SportStar), with one spin recovery class in a Decathlon. I now have a little bit of experience in a 172.

A local school has a beautiful Piper J-3 Cub which just sings to me. That said, would it be better to learn to fly a TW in the J-3, or in a Decathlon? They also have a Super Decathlon and an Extra 300LP, but obviously, that's a little over the top.

Thoughts?

Thanks! Joe
Start in the Cub or Decathlon, the Extra will ruin you for life, ask how I know.....

'Gimp

Back