Taildragger time.

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
I spent a pleasant several hours learning to fly a AT-6 today. A long time friend offered to teach me in his well maintained warbird. I've flown it from the rear seat before a few times but never tried any landings or takeoffs until today when he had me in the front. The wind was very favorable (3-5 Kt nearly down the runway) and without the distraction of gusts and significant crosswinds I found it to be a big pussycat. I wouldn't mind buying into a partnership with him but I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I have enough airplanes.

Does he need any more friends?

I spent a pleasant several hours learning to fly a AT-6 today. A long time friend offered to teach me in his well maintained warbird. I've flown it from the rear seat before a few times but never tried any landings or takeoffs until today when he had me in the front. The wind was very favorable (3-5 Kt nearly down the runway) and without the distraction of gusts and significant crosswinds I found it to be a big pussycat. I wouldn't mind buying into a partnership with him but I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I have enough airplanes.

Nonsense!

I wouldn't mind buying into a partnership with him but I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I have enough airplanes.
I don't. Buy in. I'll stop by FCM this weekend for a ride.

dear lance,

you suck.

Tony

I had a student in ames with a T-6 but never got to fly it. I did get him to teach me how to fly his stearman though.

Awwwww. Jealous. Very jealous. Lucky you. Very cool.

Lance I agree with Tony
you suck.

As for owning too many planes just tell you wife you will compromise and only buy half the plane. Then you can buy into the partnership.

Was that you doing landings in Mankato?

AT-6s & SNJs rock...particularly upside down.
SNJ11.jpg

AT-6s & SNJs rock...particularly upside down.

I was surprised to learn that most do not have inverted systems so staying upside down for long isn't a good idea.

I was surprised to learn that most do not have inverted systems so staying upside down for long isn't a good idea.

No, but it sure is fun when you're there.:yesnod:

That's where I was Wednesday. I didn't hear any Maules on the radio, just a Mooney and a few Pipers. Were you out then too?
I was in the hangar trying to figure out if we could fly the King Air (couldn't...finally got it flyable for tomorrow)

Back