T-38 near miss

Wow. That was a really close call. You see how fast it went by?

Holy CRAP.........."lets go home" he said...yeah no kidding to change shorts and kiss the ground.

Wow! Were both planes T-38s? The other looks like a bizjet.

Wow! Were both planes T-38s? The other looks like a bizjet.

Mike:

I'm with you, think it was a bizjet. Didn't freeze the movie to see. It could be the one calling for their initial clearance on the radio. Not sure.

Sure would get my attention!!

Best,

Dave

i froze it but it was very blurry, seemed to me to either be some sort of cabin class twin or a jet. like i said, very blurry.

Guys, I think it was a Cherokee. In freeze, I could clearly see the landing gear.

Radar advisories are no bad thing.

i froze it but it was very blurry, seemed to me to either be some sort of cabin class twin or a jet. like i said, very blurry.
Looked like a twin engine to me.

Yep, very blurry.

OK, I looked again and the landing gear disappeared.

Sorta like the Baron that landed at ADS yesterday, made me land at DAL and take a cab.

Looked like a twin engine to me.

I agree. I downloaded the video, extracted each frame from 21.2 to 21.5 seconds in the video, and doubled their size. Here they are for friendly analysis.

The clearest frame is actually the first one, when he enters the camera's field of view. I think I see an engine on the wing. Seneca or Beech twin?

Gotta watch those MOAs! Wonder if the guy in the GA plane ever saw him?

nm_21.2.jpg

nm_21.3.jpg

nm_21.4.jpg

nm_21.5.jpg

thats kinda what i was thinking dustin, but its just too blurry to tell

Blurry for sure. I am very glad that I never saw this back when I was flying. Time to get back into it.

Back