Switching CFI

Shyanne

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Shyanne
My CFI has not logged in my hours in IACRA so that I can obtain my Student Cert. I have all of the hours in my log book and receipts for the monies spent.
What can I do? Can another CFI log in the hours? I don't want to do my ground training again.

You do not need to enter hours in IACRA for a student pilot certificate.

The only thing it is helpful for is to have a record in the event of a lost logbook but there are better ways to mitigate that in this day and age.

Shyanne, I suspect you may be asking about more.
Here are the answers to your question.
If it is more please articulate what you are after.
The below are from the Federal Aviation Regulations where many of the answers to your questions will be found.
As you can see no log book entries are required to obtain a student pilot certificate.
§ 61.83

Eligibility requirements for student pilots.

To be eligible for a student pilot certificate, an applicant must:

(a) Be at least 16 years of age for other than the operation of a glider or balloon.

(b) Be at least 14 years of age for the operation of a glider or balloon.

(c) Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language. If the applicant is unable to meet one of these requirements due to medical reasons, then the Administrator may place such operating limitations on that applicant's pilot certificate as are necessary for the safe operation of the aircraft.

§ 61.85

Application.

An applicant for a student pilot certificate:

(a) Must make that application in a form acceptable to the Administrator; and

(b) Must submit the application to a Flight Standards District Office, a designated pilot examiner, an airman certification representative associated with a pilot school, a flight instructor, or other person authorized by the Administrator.

Shyanne, I suspect you may be asking about more.
Here are the answers to your question.
If it is more please articulate what you are after.
The below are from the Federal Aviation Regulations where many of the answers to your questions will be found.
As you can see no log book entries are required to obtain a student pilot certificate.
§ 61.83

Eligibility requirements for student pilots.

To be eligible for a student pilot certificate, an applicant must:

(a) Be at least 16 years of age for other than the operation of a glider or balloon.

(b) Be at least 14 years of age for the operation of a glider or balloon.

(c) Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language. If the applicant is unable to meet one of these requirements due to medical reasons, then the Administrator may place such operating limitations on that applicant's pilot certificate as are necessary for the safe operation of the aircraft.

§ 61.85

Application.

An applicant for a student pilot certificate:

(a) Must make that application in a form acceptable to the Administrator; and

(b) Must submit the application to a Flight Standards District Office, a designated pilot examiner, an airman certification representative associated with a pilot school, a flight instructor, or other person authorized by the Administrator.
I've submitted my application. I thought that it was logging in the hours that caused a delay. It seems that my instructor is ill and is unable to complete my application. What do I do? Thank you in advance.

In other words, any CFI, a designated pilot examiner can make it happen or you can go to the Flight Standards District Office.

There is no need for log book entries for the application.

You will need some CFI do endorse you for your knowledge test and your practical test.

You will need log book entries for your practical test.

IIRC correctly, pretty much all the CFI has to do is verify the application matches your ID, usually your Drivers license.
and certify that you speak English.

You won't need the Student Certificate until you are ready to solo.
You will typically receive a temporary certificate within a few days.

If you a foreign student will likely complicate the process.

Brian
CFIIGA/ASEL

Back