Switchbox note

ATLShaun

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Shaun
I received my Switchbox last week and I must say that I am very impressed with the operation and function. I downloaded the App which allows me to control the box through the App, and by text, but I have primarily used the Call/Voicemail feature to activate the On/Off switch. I was nervous at first but after testing it and checking up on it by driving to my hangar (3 miles from my house) I have learned to trust it without apprehension.

Yet, as impressed as I am with the functionality of the device, which again, is awesome, I have been equally impressed by Phil and his customer service. This guy was responding to my emails to get the device setup on a Friday night at 10pm. Who does that? I sent him an email asking a question with hopes I would get a response Monday and he responded, literally, within minutes. Then, he continued corresponding with me until I had it working. By the way, it's very easy to setup, but in my haste to use it, i drilled it into the hangar wall without realizing the SIM card was taped to the back of the box. Still, he was prompt, and helpful, and it was Friday nite at 10pm.

Again, small writeup but anyone considering buying one, here is another vote of confidence for both the device and Phil's level of service - which went above and beyond IMO.

Thanks Phil.

-Shaun

I tested mine in the living room with a lamp. On and off worked, i then set the delay for something short, turned it on and waited for it go off. This worked well for those nights I turned it on then didn't / couldn't fly.

Philip's support is great, and the SwitchBox is wonderful . . . .

Cool for those with electrified hangars. Now if you could create something to start a generator (with electric starter of course). :D

Such devices do exist... in China. There is a company called Witura that has something like that. :dunno:

Back