Swimmer Breaches JFK Security

He declared an emergency and still got charged with a crime :stirpot:

Can't he read?

Port Authority police interrogated Casillo and charged him with criminal trespassing. Authorities said the airport grounds were clearly marked with no-trespassing signs that indicate it is a "restricted area for authorized personnel only."

I'm sure that would keep a real terrorist out at least.

The real fiasco is Raytheon making the city politicians look bad. New Yorkers are (probably understandably) a little more nervous about terrorism than the rest of us.

The real fiasco is Raytheon making the city politicians look bad. New Yorkers are (probably understandably) a little more nervous about terrorism than the rest of us.

True, but the city has nothing to do with JFK. It's owned and operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which is neither the best nor the worst public agency I've ever dealt with.

Note that the $100 million security system had to meet federal requirements, which probably means PA-NYNJ had very little say in the matter, anyway. I suspect the real blame falls on the federal doofuses (or is it doofi?) at DHS, which is hardly unusual...

-Rich

Back