Sweet pic

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
I finally found a picture that starts to show my favorite feature of the Diamond DA40 - The awesome unobstructed view. Kind of like the difference between riding a motorcycle and driving a car. It makes you feel like you're actually part of the environment. Check it out:

da40180_ds.jpg

Big huge important annual meeting for my flying club tomorrow night where I will be giving a presentation about many planes and what they'll cost us in terms of dues and hourly rates. I'm not-so-secretly hoping that after the meeting we'll be putting an Archer up for sale and looking for a DA40. :D Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Oh..Wow...I've never flown in anything Diamond..
I'm considering making up some fake company website, along with some fake important sounding job title..and calling these companys up for demos.

and I know what your talking about with motorcycle / car. I feel blind after a summer of riding my bike and switching back to my car. (Usually do about 20,000 miles a summer)

nighthawk_front_left_big.jpg

85' Honda Nighthawk 700S...

Which I'm probably going to sell. I want a Suzuki Bandit 1200S

jangell said:
Oh..Wow...I've never flown in anything Diamond..

I highly recommend it. Make your next cross country to KFCM, ASI Jet Center is a Diamond dealer and has given all three of the demos I've gotten in the DA40. :D I like that plane more every time I fly it.

Of course, I only got to fly a Mooney once (Thanks Ed!) and I absolutely loved that too, but the insurance company said no way. :(

I'm considering making up some fake company website, along with some fake important sounding job title..and calling these companys up for demos.

Aw heck, why not do it for real? I started my first corporation with a friend in college (Having those "Executive Vice President" cards does come in handy sometimes, I must admit). I didn't make a ton of money, but I did make my goal of making "enough" while I was in school. After 4 years my partner's and my goals diverged somewhat and I decided to sell out to him. Again, I didn't get rich (if I had I wouldn't be saving money to go back to school now!) but I did learn many valuable lessons and sooner or later I will start another business or three. (WAY too many ideas in my head!)

RotaryWingBob said:
That view is almost as good (but not as good) as the one from our R22 ;)

Yeah, I knew I'd hear from a rotor-head as soon as I posted that. ;)

It's the best I've seen in an *airplane*. :yes:

(Single-engine, piston-powered airplane for you fighter jocks... ;) )

flyingcheesehead said:
Yeah, I knew I'd hear from a rotor-head as soon as I posted that. ;)

Couldn't resist!

I've not flown the DA40, but I do have time in DA20's. I like 'em, and yes, the view is a good one...

flyingcheesehead said:

I have it beat.
Scan10010.JPG

I'm surprised no skydivers have jumped into this thread yet. :D

(Get it?? Jumped! Har har har!)

--Kath

Woohoo!

For the record, this is why the automerge (currently) SUCKS. If it can be tweaked, great. But these two posts have nothing to do with each other really. So please read 'em both.

jangell said:
I have it beat.

OK fine.

*Certified*, single-engine piston, with an enclosed cabin. Sheesh. ;)

BTW, what is that you're in?

flyingcheesehead said:
Big huge important annual meeting for my flying club tomorrow night where I will be giving a presentation about many planes and what they'll cost us in terms of dues and hourly rates. I'm not-so-secretly hoping that after the meeting we'll be putting an Archer up for sale and looking for a DA40. :D Wish me luck!

Well, my presentation went very well. :goofy: Everyone there was on board with the DA40, but we're going to be still considering the Archer ('cuz that's what we're replacing) and the Tiger ('cuz we've all heard good things about it, but never flown it and we're curious.)

If anyone is interested in a single-owner (as in, this club has owned it since new) Archer, TTAF 7475, always hangared, speed mods, recent paint, cloth interior in excellent shape and about 800 SMOH, let me know. Once we officially put it up for sale, I'll post here again.

Woohoo! :goofy: :D

Last edited:
Back