SW-Ohio/MI/IN/Everyone Gathering

Hope I'm done with my checkride by then. If not I probably won't come -- I've got this phobia that the more I fly the thing in the meantime, the likelier I'll have to retake the oral because of some mechanical problem.

Come to think of it, that isn't really a phobia...

LOL. Totally understand! :no:
Of course, if that turns out to be the case, I've got room for you. (Heck, if you have some Grumman time, I could have a whole plane for you ... :rolleyes: )

Looks like we won't make it. I'm delivering the Aztec to its new owner that weekend.

This looks pretty cool. I'm in Piqua, (I17), and Muncie is only about 1 1/2 hrs by car. I'm going to try and do this, as I'd like to meet some of you!

LOL. Totally understand! :no:
Of course, if that turns out to be the case, I've got room for you. (Heck, if you have some Grumman time, I could have a whole plane for you ... :rolleyes: )
Thanks Liz, I might just take you up on that. The ride that is -- not sure if you were talking about me buying the Sooper Yankee, but owning TWO airplanes is way out of my league! :eek:

Thanks Liz, I might just take you up on that. The ride that is -- not sure if you were talking about me buying the Sooper Yankee, but owning TWO airplanes is way out of my league! :eek:

Lol ... no, no - just offering its use! Although, it might be able to share a T with the Cardinal, keep it cozy and all that ... ;)

Gonna have a great group, hope the Arrow is ready and that the weather works out. My son is supposed to be home from the Navy, hopefully he can go.

I have it on the schedule for Sunday, but weather is not looking good unless one is planning on building an Ark. I don't mind some occasional MVFR flying, but not for lunch. Keep everyone safe. We are still 2 1/2 days out, so we will keep our fingers crossed.

I think im gonna be a negative for this

Well I will just keep checking the weather. Hopefully the ceilings stay up high enough to allow a good showing, but if not then I guess we can always reschedule.

Yeah I'm not too terribly happy about the rain either, though the temp is good.

The forecast high for Sunday here is 38. I read it as turning colder during the day. Post cold front rain and maybe some snow too. Probably not a good day to be flying. :(

Saturday looks a LOT better weatherwise.

Just a thought right now, but what would everyone think about changing it to saturday if it looks like the weather will be better?

Maybe it'll clear up enough around here in time to launch:
KORD 111604Z 1116/1218 23011G18KT P6SM OVC006
FM111700 23011G18KT 2SM BR OVC004
TEMPO 1117/1119 3/4SM BR OVC002
FM112000 21012G17KT 4SM BR OVC008
FM120000 19013G20KT P6SM SCT009 BKN150
FM121500 23014G22KT P6SM BKN120

I'll see what Leslie has on and if we can get the plane. I think she might have an IPC scheduled for Saturday though.

Well the weather is shaping up to much better on Saturday (Tomorrow). SUnday looks like a washout for sure. I have seen some interest in changing to tomorrow. ANy more? If we can get enough than I say change it.

[FONT=Monospace,Courier][SIZE=+1]KDAY 111513Z 1115/1212 19011G19KT P6SM OVC006 FM111600 20012G20KT P6SM OVC015
TEMPO 1116/1117 BKN006
FM111700 22014G20KT P6SM BKN025
FM112000 20009KT P6SM BKN020
FM120000 19010KT P6SM SCT250

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Monospace,Courier][SIZE=+1]KIND 111430Z 1115/1218 20013G21KT P6SM SCT025 BKN050
FM111800 21012KT P6SM SCT025 BKN250 [/SIZE][/FONT]

I can't make it for lunch Saturday, have to lead a hike. Dinner would be doable.

Well it doesn't look like we have much interest in Saturday, so I guess we can just keep sunday and hope the weather is still flyable.

Or the next VFR Sunday. We don't have many of those this time of year. Looking forward to it.

I'm planning on going, but I'm driving (about 1-1/2 hrs away from Muncie), so I guess I'll just check in Sunday AM, and see what's going on.

Same here... it's even better than this weekend since it's a three day weekend (MLK).

We can't make it this Saturday, because Leslie does have her IPC that afternoon. If Wx rules out Sunday, it looks like we (and hopefully a plane) are available the following weekend.

I'm thinking things might be improving a bit. "Wishful thinking"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So is anyone going to be there? I'm wondering if I should leave my preheater plugged in, just in case the wx is flyable.

Granted it seems a long shot (just glanced at the TAFs for tomorrow)... :(

Last edited:
It is going to be low mvfr or ifr in SE Ohio tomorrow, so we will watch wx for next weekend.

Yea I am not hopeful but I will still get up early and check the weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This looks pretty cool. I'm in Piqua, (I17), and Muncie is only about 1 1/2 hrs by car. I'm going to try and do this, as I'd like to meet some of you!

Great town! I always loved the name, and I remember it being very clean, classic main street Americana styled town.

Back