SW-Ohio/MI/IN/Everyone Gathering

Saturday is always better for me, but Sunday can be worked out as well. Is the consensus of the group more toward Breakfast or lunch?

Breakfast is smoother air but have to get out of bed.

The 13th works for me in principle, though it depends on work which will already have started in earnest for me by then. PMH is a little far for me, but any of the other places mentioned would be great.

Blah... that is my weekend to work. :rolleyes2: Have fun everyone... :sad:

Leaving for the ski season in Steamboat Springs that weekend. See you next time. :D

Cheers

Ok well I am thinking by the responses that we are going to hit up Muncie, In. (MIE) at Vince's. So for that that will be that plan. 13th Jan @ MIE about noonish?

Sorry to hear some of you can't make it. I'm sure we can do it again.

I really look forward to meeting you all.

I can't make it that weekend. Company and a concert on the schedule. :(

Wanted to go but it would be too much money for a rental to go that far from Columbus. Might also feel guilty for not seeing the relatives in Muncie also.

David

Wife out of town and plane reserved. Hope for VFR!

--
Sent from my brain using my fingers.

Wanted to go but it would be too much money for a rental to go that far from Columbus. Might also feel guilty for not seeing the relatives in Muncie also.

David

You need a ride? I might be able to come get you?

Sunday, Jan 13, at KMIE looks like it will work for me!
Awesome

Wife out of town and plane reserved. Hope for VFR!

--
Sent from my brain using my fingers.
Great

I should be able to make that.

Anybody need a lift?

An hour flight for us...sounds good.

My knee is healing nicely. Will start on the EDM-700 install this weekend and if the install and knee cooperate I should be good to go by the 13th.

Ok well I am thinking by the responses that we are going to hit up Muncie, In. (MIE) at Vince's. So for that that will be that plan. 13th Jan @ MIE about noonish?

Sorry to hear some of you can't make it. I'm sure we can do it again.

I really look forward to meeting you all.

That is noon-ish EASTERN (local) time, right?? This is probably going to really hurt, but I want to try and make it. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun! :D

One question though... the restaurant on the airport is called Kacy J's. Where is Vince's?? Did they get another restaurant on the field or are we car-poolin' to another location? :confused:

Looks like it'll be exactly a $100 hamburger for me! If anyone is out of Louisville, KY and wants to ride along in a 150 (and split gas, or safety pilot!) shoot me a PM.

That is noon-ish EASTERN (local) time, right?? This is probably going to really hurt, but I want to try and make it. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun! :D

Yes it is sorry! They open at 11:00 local.

One question though... the restaurant on the airport is called Kacy J's. Where is Vince's?? Did they get another restaurant on the field or are we car-poolin' to another location? :confused:
Yea sorry, they used to be called vinces, I didn't know they changed there name. You are right it is Kacy J's.

I just spoke with them today and they told me they would be expecting us (weather permitting) of course. I am trying to get a good count to give them, but shouldn't be any problems

Put me down as a maybe, I'll run some details past you tomorrow matt

-VanDy

I'll see if I can make it. I19 is my home airport so if anyone ever wants to do a get together at the air force museum I can pick up people as well.

This is going to be fun... I'm really going to try and make it. But, how will we know each other, since some of us have never met?? I had this problem at Sun 'n Fun this past March and never did see a couple of people who were there but I (we) didn't know who we were looking for. :confused:

Did you make a reservation under Matt the Flying Moose's group?? :rofl: I have been told I'm fairly easy to spot in a group of pilots. My Archer is bright purple and white and I (and the husband) look pretty much like our avatar photo. See you on the 13th... hopefully!

Last edited:
But, how will we know each other, since some of us have never met??

If I attend, I'll be easy to spot since it will be January and I'll probably have my coat from work on. If you see a guy with a black coat on with a logo featuring a hummingbird wearing a leather aviator's cap, that's me.

Did you make a reservation under Matt the Flying Moose's group??
:lol: Well not exactly, but close! ha. I gave them my number and name and said it was part of POA Forum. Yes, just ask for the moose !:wink2: ha j/k

If I make it, my plane should be easy to spot. White and red Cardinal with a VERY unique paint scheme -- you'll know it if you see it. ;)

Easiest thing might to be to tell the host or hostess that you are with POA when. You are seated, maybe they can seat us in the me area.

Another idea might be to put a piece of paper with POA printed on it, in plain view on the glare sheld

Here I am:
e2ebf19292195cc9098b2bd2a85141f0dc3d9aaa

Plane reserved :yes:

Versailles, Indiana? I have family from there. There is even a street named after my great-grandfather-- Jarvis Drive. He was a barber there on the corner of Jarvis Drive and highway 421 in a converted garage in their home. He died before I was born, so I never met him. My great-grandmother lived there for a long time after he died, (she died while I was in law school) and rented the barber shop out to Ed the barber for years and years. He's been dead for a while, too. I don't think that the barber shop is still there. I think the new owners converted it back into a garage.

Versailles, Indiana? I have family from there. There is even a street named after my great-grandfather-- Jarvis Drive. He was a barber there on the corner of Jarvis Drive and highway 421 in a converted garage in their home. He died before I was born, so I never met him. My great-grandmother lived there for a long time after he died, (she died while I was in law school) and rented the barber shop out to Ed the barber for years and years. He's been dead for a while, too. I don't think that the barber shop is still there. I think the new owners converted it back into a garage.

I remember it well, but I am "old"
Hope to meet you at Muncie!

MIE is just a tad too far for me. PMH is our usual burger hop. Been thinking about I74 for sometime now. Would like to check out the museum.

I'd be interested as well but we have plans that day. (Dumb church dedication - don't want to annoy MIL anymore; it's my new years resolution)

We like Kacy J's. We might be able to join y'all there Sunday, 1/13 at 12:00 EST.

We were actually at Bolton Field in Columbus (KTZR) yesterday. Unfortunately, the BBQ joint was closed, but Leslie and I still got together with Dr. and Mrs. Steinger and China and had lunch at a nearby Chiptole.

There is a slight chance I may bring the family up. Make it a $210 hamburger run for us. About 1:10 from PMH-MIE in the red/white RV-10.

Hope I'm done with my checkride by then. If not I probably won't come -- I've got this phobia that the more I fly the thing in the meantime, the likelier I'll have to retake the oral because of some mechanical problem.

Come to think of it, that isn't really a phobia...

Back