Surveys

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Got one from AT&T today asking about my internet experience. First sentence was in Spanish.
=======================================
(Por favor, haga clic aquí para pasar al español) http://www.sendyouropinions.com/images/sbc/remind.htm

Returned it telling them if they wanted a response, to begin it in English!

Came back; said I couldn't reply--had to cut and paste some address in there--which only lets you answer specific questions!!!

So how much do they really want to know??

This thing about SBC changing their name to AT&T is nuts: AT&T gave me so much grief at the end I vowed never to do business with them again. Finally thought they were gone and like the Phoenix; they have rearisen and I'm a customer again---No---No, P L E A S E. Tell me I'm dreamin.

Dave

Sounds like my phone call this morning to my cell phone service provider notifying them I had not received the "free" phone upgrade (for renewing contract). Got a flyer in the mail with instructions to apply online which was dutifully done 2 weeks ago. Called today to find out why I didn't receive it with the promised 2 day Fdx delivery. Service rep tells me "that promotion is only available online". Whereupon I explained to him that I had indeed applied online and had a confirmation number. Rep responds by telling me "yea, they made a change to the web page and all orders for that promotion for the past 2 weeks have been lost." I asked him if I could place the order with him then, and, of course, he told me "that offer is only available online, I can't do that from here". So I asked him what do I if I have a problem with the order using the online process. He tells me "well, you'd have to call us and ask to speak to my manager." So, I said, "Then let me speak to your manager." A bit taken aback he tells me to hold while he transfers the call. Less than a minute later the rep is back on the line and tells me his manager has told him to go ahead and process the order over the phone. And, of course while processing the order his computer locks up trying to open the webpage for upgrade promotions and he has to reboot and re-enter all the info. Eventually he tells me "Ok, your phone should be at your shipping address at 11am tomorrow." Kinda aggravating to coach a "service" rep on how to provide service.

Good thing Mary was driving because our little conversation took about 20 minutes to complete.

Paging Mike Andrews....

Dave Siciliano said:
Got one from AT&T today asking about my internet experience. First sentence was in Spanish.
(Por favor, haga clic aquí para pasar al español) http://www.sendyouropinions.com/images/sbc/remind.htm

Returned it telling them if they wanted a response, to begin it in English!

Came back; said I couldn't reply--had to cut and paste some address in there--which only lets you answer specific questions!!!

So how much do they really want to know??

This thing about SBC changing their name to AT&T is nuts: AT&T gave me so much grief at the end I vowed never to do business with them again. Finally thought they were gone and like the Phoenix; they have rearisen and I'm a customer again---No---No, P L E A S E. Tell me I'm dreamin.

Dave
Yes. Well even with coaching, when on the road, I was never able to get dial up web access on SBC (AT&Ts) service which comes with cable modem service. Never mind, WiFi has replaced them.

Sigh.

Sorta like the "sorry" letter I got from Delta airlines after a really miserable travel exprience. A couple of cash-off voucher that could only be used at the airport or ticket office. Of course, they charge an additional $15 for ticketing that way....

Or when I did try and ticket a different trip through the web site, an error screen popped up saying that the itinerary could not be ticketed online, I had to call them. $10/ticket charge for doing that. After fussing about the charge, I had to wait on hold 20 minutes to resolve it.

Or when you ask for the pricing and schedule between two cities, and it shows a $299 fare, but you click on the fare and it says: "I'm sorry that fare has just been taken..." and shows you a fare $120 more expensive.

Deregulation. Bah. This behavior is bad, bad customer service. Problem is, the competitors are just as bad.

Geesh! Looks like it's happening to all of us.

I did tell you about the new girl at the Kroger checkout counter looking for the bar code on the little rubber spacer that one puts between orders----right?

I was very proud of myself. She said gee, I can't find the bar code on here (while picking it up and looking at it from different angles).

I said I had changed my mind and didn't want that item any more. Brisk walk out when she finished.

(Were we this bad when we were new and just don't remember it?)

Best,

Dave

Back