Supply Chain Woes....not really.

BryanAV8R

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bryan
My local FBO is a dealer for the usual trinkets that we seem to need to clutter our flight bags and cockpits with (and will beat, when you factor in the cost of shipping, what's in the usual suspects' catalogues...) the effluvia of flight.

Bought from them, over the last 30-something years, enough headsets (you can never have too many, right?) to outfit a Saratoga (and I fly a 172...lol)...and decided that with the recent panel upgrade, I'd like to go to a LEMO plug in the panel and upgrade my own set of cans with a nice new DC One-X.

24 week backorder? Yikes. I told them to just keep it in their order file (it's not like it's life or death, or delivery of the launch codes) and when it came in, call me.

Maybe if I drove up to Worcester (it's only an hour or so away) and went to the factory? Nah...pretty sure they don't have a sales outlet at the HQ.

Well, patience is a virtue.

There's a lot of supply chain issues out there. Lots.

I ordered a linear actuator for my flaps in the beginning of July 2021. Initial quote was a November 10 ship date. Yup - 16 weeks. Only to find out on November 9 that my order is now delayed until December 23. And even then, they can't guarantee shipment by that date (not delivery... shipment.) I think I am looking at January or February 2022 before I get the part.

I work in IT and some hardware has immense lead times. Try getting laptops, let alone switches and servers. Last lead-time I saw for network switches was 183 days minimum.

Some is just a excuse

Some local stores blame their bad service on covid and staffing, thinking people don’t remember their service was poor and you seldom saw the same staff after a month, BEFORE covid was a thing.

There's a lot of supply chain issues out there. Lots.

***DELETIA***

I work in IT and some hardware has immense lead times. Try getting laptops, let alone switches and servers. Last lead-time I saw for network switches was 183 days minimum.

That's about right...I ordered a new room's worth of furniture last April...parts delivered in June, August, but the final pieces, according to an email I received a couple days ago, won't be delivered until April of next year. Guess it's stuck on one of those barges off the coast of LA. Maybe they ought to take deSantis' offer to sail thru the canal and offload in a more business-friendly state like FL.

Read on the Piper forum Lycoming wasn't taking any cylinder orders until 2023!

and....

IBTL

Back