Suggestions wanted for south of MD

gitmo234

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
gitmo234
Ladies and Gents,

The wife and I are looking for someplace to fly on the 25th, departing 28th south of MD, as far as GA. We've got our eye on Jekyll Island.

Any suggestions from the collective would be appreciated. Weather permitting we'll be departing on the 25th at no later than 2 pm. We're looking for a "get away" type location, woods or water. We're outdoorsy types, like to hike, ride bikes, and explore. A quiet place to stay with a restaurant or two and a place to throw back a drink or two at sunset is the general idea.

Any suggestions? Jekyll looks good, I've found a couple mountain places that showed promise.

No longer needed. Settled and booked for Jekyll Island.

If you have ideas for future trips, feel free to post them

Good choice. It sounds exactly like you want.

Great choice,you should enjoy your stay,the resort on Saint Simmons is nice also.

If you're looking for a mountain destination, check out Bryce Resort - Private paved runway, at a small ski resort in VA. Downhill mountain biking/zip lining in the summer. Runway is right at the base, about 100ft from the ticket booth. Good restaurant, reasonable hotel/condo rates.

Care to share those? Please.

I'll post one or two up today once I dig them up.

Trip report will be posted as well.

Here's the basic route I have planned so far. Please disregard the weather/times, etc! I punched this in last night just before a severe thunderstorm hit

Attachments

• route.jpg
    route.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 13
Back