Suggested Books for Ground Instructor Ratings

ki4lzk

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Joshua Jones
Hello Everyone;
I would like to take the tests for Advanced Ground Instructor and Instrument Ground Instructor. What resources would you suggest I study? I already have materials for the Fundamentals of Instructing knowledge test. I also have the 2012 Instrument Rating Test Prep book by ASA.

Thanks

Josh

The faa books that are online at the FAAs website with emphasis on the IFR handbook. Everything you need is on the FAAs website.

In addition to the FOI material for the FOI test, it's the same material as Commercial Pilot for the GI-A, and the same material as the Instrument rating for the GI-I.

Thanks Guys! I was assuming it was the same stuff, but I wanted to make sure before I dive into it :D

It is almost the same test, however there might be helicopter, glider, etc. questions.

It is almost the same test, however there might be helicopter, glider, etc. questions.

I can guarantee helicopter and glider questions! I've been studying and I'm astonished at the number of non-piston, fixed-wing questions.

While there are questions in the AGI test bank for helicopters and gliders, Can anybody remember getting any on the exam? I got some balanced-field type questions relating to the meanings of V1 and VR and V2 but don't think I got any questions not related to powered fixed-wings.

While there are questions in the AGI test bank for helicopters and gliders, Can anybody remember getting any on the exam? I got some balanced-field type questions relating to the meanings of V1 and VR and V2 but don't think I got any questions not related to powered fixed-wings.

I got 1 helicopter question on my AGI written. I answered it correctly (I think the Gleim had it in an addendum somewhere) but it wasn't a big deal. If I had to do it all over again, I would have done SheppardAir to study for my FOI/FIA/FII/AGI/IGI writtens.

I had two helicopter questions on my AGI written. Can't for the life of me remember what they were, though... I just know I answered them correctly.

BAck to the OP question.

I liked the Gleim study guides, and really, all you need are the FAA pubs for reference.

Thanks guys! I have all the FAA Reference material downloaded onto the iPad. I should have plenty of time to study over the next week. It is off to Carlsbad, NM first thing in the morning to see my wife's family. It should be a lot of fun.

Back