suction cup for Ipad ?

Anyone using the suction cup mount for the Ipad.? Is it any good ?

Thanks
I originally avoided the suction cup method of mounting my iPad because I didn't think it would hold for the entire trip and during turbulence, but recently had to use it because my other mount broke.

I now only use the suction cup method exclusively because I have found it to be extremely reliable as long as it is mounted correctly and you are not going through massive altitude changes in an unpressurized cabin.
Keep in mind that the other benefit of using a suction cup mount is that you'll have numerous locations to mount your iPad/iPhone/Camera throughout the cabin.

Keep in mind that a dirty, oily, rough, uneven or porous surface is not the place to mount a suction cup. You want as smooth, even and clean as possible.

With that said, I have used both the Ram mount and Fat Gecko with great success:

Ram Mount
ramb166ap8_1.jpg

Fat Gecko by Delkin
IMG_0430.jpg

Last edited:
Suction cup mounts on clean flat surfaces do seem to work pretty well for the iPad mini. For those who have some spare window real estate, the suction cup type of mounting is a good alternative to a yoke mount.

We just got some new product shots of the iPro Navigator. Here'll you'll see it with both a suction cup mount and yoke mount.

ipad-yoke-mount-quad.jpg

Back