Such is life N/A

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Today my wife left to spend 3 weeks in England and France with my daughter. First week is for writer's conference in south of France which we bought as Ph.d grad gift for daughter. This trip has been planned for 7 months and all the details had been progressively hammered out as the out bound leg got nearer.

The plan was for my wife to fly KSBP--D-->KJFK to meet up with Ayme. I'm proud of the attention Kathy, my wife, has put into planning this trip. She made a great paper file which includes her itinerary and planned events. Her attention to detail astounded me.

So what happens? Kathy missed her flight because she misread her printed intinerary. Missed it by 1/2 hour. Airline agent at SBP says if we leave right now we can make the morning flight out of KSBA, a two hour drive.

I drive. We get to Santa Barbara in record time. Flight has been delayed. One hour wait. (If I had lolly gaggled on the drive down I just know the flight would've been on time.)

Today was also the day I start back at work after a 3 month 'forced holiday' following my eye surgery. I have three guys at the job site waiting for me. I'm 3 hours late. Fortunately, they had the wherewithal to figure out how to stay busy. Just as fortunate, I had taken the time yesterday to play 'what if' with my lead guy so he knew how to proceed.

Such is life.

Back