substance abuse and certification

Discussion in 'Medical Topics' started by lbfjrmd, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Goliath737

Goliath737 Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    Goliath737
    Hey what’s up folks: it’s 11/14/18 1947pst here in California, I’ve been meaning to check in however I’ve just been super busy lately trying to meet all of what life has subjugated for me to do. @AggieMike88 When I first posted in this forum you mentioned the word, “humility” in which I’ve gotten to be Real familiar with and for that I truly thank you sir. Ever since our pow-wow I’ve got in touch with Dr.Bruce in which I truly recommend for any person that may have Medical Doubts HE’S THE TRUTH! I have finally heard back from the FAA in regards to my pending decision of what you can scroll up and check out and received a LENGTHY (Gamut as you mentioned) of requirements and tasks for me to accomplish. Although I have my work cut out for me I’ve adhered to the demands:
    -attending AA 3x’s weekly
    -reached out to a HiMS
    -including a psychiatrist
    -random urine tests (completed 5 since checkin in this forum)
    AMONG Other tasks aswell as continuing my education while Working.

The feeling of disparity has decreased slightly as I am focused on Continuing my sobriety virtuously and maintaining everything ive been working for. Thanks again Mike for reaching out as i am still around handling business.

NHWannabe, GeorgiaFlyer and Rushie like this.
  2. AggieMike88

AggieMike88 Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
    @Goliath737 .... Thanks for sharing your progress report. Very happy to hear that you are on a plan and are executing it toward eventual success!!

GeorgiaFlyer and Goliath737 like this.
  3. bbchien

bbchien Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Bruce C
    I have to add today the "Liar's Lament" (nobody in this string....but I had prepared this guys' application!)
    "I got this demand letter from the FAA today":

Due to your history of a legal incident in 201X you must provide the following information to the AMCD"

"...a copy of court records of any convictions (misdemeanors or felonies) and or administrative actions, such as assault, battery, public intoxication, robbery, etc, to include a statement from your parole office if applicable. If such records re not available send us a written statement describing the nature of, date and place in which each conviction or action occurred" (he checked 18(w) "no" which may or ma not have been legitimate but he sure never let me know).

Needless to say the airman omitted to me so the ball is now in his court. "If you do not disclose the whole cabana to me I can't help you." Sometimes one feels "sort of used" (like now) and all my energies could have been spent on another, more needing airman....

Sigh.

Goliath737 likes this.
  4. lbfjrmd

lbfjrmd Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    FAA HIMS/AME/ATC flight doc
    'I can help ... with the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!'

5. AggieMike88

Display Name:

Display name:
    Dr. Bruce or Dr. Lou can provide the more precise answer..... @bbchien @lbfjrmd

But in past comments and threads, I think I recall seeing as much as 180 days to hear back from the Federal Flight Surgeon's office.

And even though your flight medical is on hold, can you do ground schools as a filler?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  6. GeorgiaFlyer

GeorgiaFlyer Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    GeorgiaFlyer
    Wow, up 180 days from the time it gets to Federal Air Surgeon in Washington, DC? That is a very long time! Thanks for all responses.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  7. AggieMike88

Display Name:

Display name:
    Unfortunately, a very, very small team of reviewers.... many, many submissions, and lots, lots of documents in each submission to review, and review very closely.

GeorgiaFlyer likes this.
  8. Titan Owner 4015

Titan Owner 4015 Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    Titan Owner4015
    I am interested in this as well. Have been in the HIMS program since February of this year and will finally submit my packet the first week of December. Looking for a timeline on when I might hear back on a third class SI

9. lbfjrmd

lbfjrmd Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    FAA HIMS/AME/ATC flight doc
    3rd class HIMS cases go faster ... decided in OKC v. Washington, D.C.

10. bbchien

bbchien Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Bruce C
    I don't know that about 3rd. FAA's Dr. Ma_t tells me his queue is out to 220 days.....
    A simple alcohol first class HIMS in DC, with all T's crossed and i's dotted, is about 4.5 months currently.

GeorgiaFlyer likes this.
  11. 1anG

1anG Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    1anG
    Yes i can confirm that 3rd is not quicker. From experience and from reports I heard. For alcohol cases they are down to just one DR reviewing and he has 250 cases. I am currently waiting and it has been 144 days so far....