Subscriptions NA N/A 1/2NA 33 1/3 NA

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi All:

I renew my subscription to a couple of magazines. (Aviation)

I am amazed at how fast the year has gone by and it is time to renew my subscriptions.

Soooooooo, I receive a new notice in the mail, I am busy and it is late after a hard days work. I mark the amount on the outside of the envelope and give it to my secretary to pay. (Usually my spouse) She thinks that because I am a confident pilot and have my act together that I am subscribing to a new aviation magazine.

Then on Sunday morning I am doing the check book on Quicken and discover that I am now subscribed to 2 years instead of one. I only wanted ONE year!

Argh!!!!! Does this "double billing" get to anyone else or am I the only one?

Just blowing steam and wish Mr. Ibold was running one of the magazines again.

Terry
:mad:

A change of attitude is required. When you realize there is no honor in being so busy that you can't even take care of your own subscriptions, then you will not be so apt to fall for this semi annual renewal scam.

Do like me, of every 5 +/- pieces of mail received, immediately throw 4 into the round file. Just make sure you keep the legit billing statements and that letter from your rich uncle.

And it's no use getting upset about it, their automated mailers don't care.:yes:

I track subscriptions very carefully. Put the notices in a file folder
with the date I renewed them. I get the same as you all the time. Flying
is terrible. They allow outside subscription services to bill you in addition
to the ones they send. And the outside ones are usually twice the
price.

It's also my experience that the magazines send you a renewal bill
3 or 4 months after you just renewed.

RT

You will also notice that signing up for 2 or even 3 years won't stop the subscription notices. Eventually, you could find yourself paid a decade in advance.

Just blowing steam and wish Mr. Ibold was running one of the magazines again.
Thanks, I think. Buy anything from a P210/Malibu/B58 on up and you can get my current mag for FREE! What a deal! Never write a subscription check again!

Circulation issues were the bane of my existence at Belvoir. It was hard to say repeatedly, "Dude, I sympathize, but I got no power over the circulation or direct mail guys."

These stupid marketing schemes are yet another reason why I let a lot of magazine subscriptions lapse. I figure if they have no honor then I don't want to do business with them. So I only get a couple of aviation magazines. AOPA, EAA's, and IFR. The rest is chaff

Buy anything from a P210/Malibu/B58 on up and you can get my current mag for FREE! What a deal! Never write a subscription check again!

Err.... Ummmmm..... Ken.
If I could afford any of those planes, let alone the "on up"s I think I would ba able to afford two year subscriptions.

<hijack on>
Now, I use AOPA Insurance, and got my notice that "Your plane insurance renewal is just about due!!!:hairraise: " Please complete the attached form no later than 12/24 to get the "best rate quote!!!" The insurance is actually due 1 March, 07. Ohhh panic! gotta get that quote!!!! And while I'm ati it, why do I still get oportunities to "Join AOPA today" when I've been amember for 13 years?:dunno:
</hijack>

Err.... Ummmmm..... Ken.
If I could afford any of those planes, let alone the "on up"s I think I would ba able to afford two year subscriptions.
You'd be surprised at what skinflints a lot of "rich" people are. That's how they get there!

Back