Subscribing?

T Bone

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
T Bone
How does one subscribe to a thread?. I've seen reference to subscribed to threads (and do so on other forums) but I don't see a button here anywhere to do so. :dunno: Little help?

How does one subscribe to a thread?. I've seen reference to subscribed to threads (and do so on other forums) but I don't see a button here anywhere to do so. :dunno: Little help?

I see "Subscribe to Thread" under thread tools when you're viewing a message.

you will be inundated with 100 emails. more or less.
Optionally. You can go to your profile and say whether you want to receive a mail with every new post, once per thread per day, or once per thread per week, or never. You can then override that on a per-thread basis. You can also set whether you want to subscribe by default to threads in which you have posted.

you will be inundated with 100 emails. more or less.

That Giant dog is cracking me up! :D

kevin47881 said:
If one "subscribes to a thread" what does it mean?

As Elizabeth hinted, it means you'll be emailed when something new is posted in the thread (handy for those of us who aren't here that much but really want to follow the outcome of a specific thread).

gprellwitz said:
Optionally. You can go to your profile and say whether you want to receive a mail with every new post, once per thread per day, or once per thread per week, or never. You can then override that on a per-thread basis. You can also set whether you want to subscribe by default to threads in which you have posted.

That is very helpful, thanks. Didn't know about those options!

mikea said:
I see "Subscribe to Thread" under thread tools when you're viewing a message.

Duh! Now I see it. :lightning: Was originally going to title the post "dumb question".... maybe I should'a stuck with that :p.

Back