SU-35/37 Video

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
<DIV>This is a great video in two parts of the Russian Sukhoi SU-35/37.
Don't turn it off when the first part goes black, wait for the second part. There is sound and you should be able to enlarge this to full screen. Good stuff and you get to see the "Cobra" maneuver several times, where the aircraft pitches up, nearly stops moving forward, then continues on its original flight path. When you have thrust to weight ratios of approximately 4/1 and thrust vectoring. It is impossible to stall an aircraft.

http://bemil.chosun.com/movie%20link/SU-35.wmv

Impressive.

So are these things a serious threat to the F-22's if we were ever to enter combat with say, China? They don't appear to be stealthy at all.

James Dean

Nice video Adam, thanks... I have preformed many of those same stunts in my 1969 Cessna 150... "yeah right!" :rollercoaster:

James_Dean said:
Impressive.

So are these things a serious threat to the F-22's if we were ever to enter combat with say, China? They don't appear to be stealthy at all.

James Dean

They could be a serious threat to the Raptors if the Sukois were flown by USA pilots...

Dave Krall CFII said:
They could be a serious threat to the Raptors if the Sukois were flown by USA pilots...

Good point Dave. The Rooskies don't spend nearly the same on training as we do, but....if the flight closes to knife range, I wouldn't bet against either aircraft.

Back