Stupid criminals

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
Well, it has nothing to do with flying, for which I apologize in advance, but it made me laugh. As yucky as I feel today, that was welcome, hope ya'll enjoy.

BTW: some helpful hints that I try to remember from being a cop a decade ago if you just gotta smoke grass (I don't, but I'm always willing to help the not so bright)... DON'T hand the cops a bunch of money that smells like pot, if all your money smells like grass, DON'T take your pipe with you to the police station, and if you do take your pipe and pot to the police station remember the anti-drug slogan when the cops ask to search your car.... JUST SAY NO!! LOL.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050407/ap_on_fe_st/bad_bond

Joe Williams said:
Well, it has nothing to do with flying, for which I apologize in advance, but it made me laugh. As yucky as I feel today, that was welcome, hope ya'll enjoy.

BTW: some helpful hints that I try to remember from being a cop a decade ago if you just gotta smoke grass (I don't, but I'm always willing to help the not so bright)... DON'T hand the cops a bunch of money that smells like pot, if all your money smells like grass, DON'T take your pipe with you to the police station, and if you do take your pipe and pot to the police station remember the anti-drug slogan when the cops ask to search your car.... JUST SAY NO!! LOL.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050407/ap_on_fe_st/bad_bond

Kinda reminds me of the guy in Philly a few years ago, Joe. He robbed a bank but managed to leave his wallet (complete with DL) behind at the teller's window...

RotaryWingBob said:
Kinda reminds me of the guy in Philly a few years ago, Joe. He robbed a bank but managed to leave his wallet (complete with DL) behind at the teller's window...
Or the bank robber who wrote his robbery note on the back of one of his own deposit slips.

No need to apologize, Joe - Hangar Talk is intended as a "Not necessarily aviation specific" forum. :)

Reminds me of the guy who tried to rob one of our branches and handed the teller a note demanding "all her money". The teller replied that all but $2,000 was in a time locked safe under her drawer (it was true). It would require 5 minutes to open the safe before she could give him all her money so he should take a seat. He was still waiting when the police arrived.

Joe Williams said:
... and if you do take your pipe and pot to the police station remember the anti-drug slogan when the cops ask to search your car.... JUST SAY NO!! LOL.

LOL. In all my years in Law Enforcement Joe, it has never ceased to amaze many how many times people tell me YES, when I asked them if it was alright with them if I searched their house, car, person etc. KNOWING they had something illegal in it or on them. Then they seem surprised when I find it. I'll never quite understand the logic.

Speaking of Marijuana smoke smell. On my way to my ground school class last night (just to get aviation in the thread :) ), I got on the elevator with a young woman who reeked of pot. I could smell it as soon as the elevator doors opened. She had to have walked past two campus cops to get to that elevator. How they couldn't smell it I'll never know. She got off the elevator and walked in to a medical assistant training program office. When I mentioned it to one of the campus cops, they acted like I had offended them by suggesting they at least take a whiff when she walked back by. I hope she ends working for THEIR doctors office and not mine! I did notice she wasn't sitting in the classroom when we took a break later. Maybe they decided it best to investigate after all.

This one happened around here last week.

Some over-18 kids were driving around in the father's contractor van. They had a bucket of baseballs and were throwing them through people's big house windows.

They were caught when:
1. One of the victims recognized the van and was able to name the owner
2. Another victim found a baseball on his lawn with the kid's initials on it
3. They went to the house and found the van parked there with a 1/2 empty bucket of baseballs in it.

Back