Stupid bowl commercials

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
I thought most of the commercials were sad, sad, sad, sorta like actually walking through Sears or K-Mart.

You know what we need? A few more commercials with cavemen! ..that have the same jokes.

I know! A talking baby! THAT'S never been done before!

Ummmmmmm....FedEx...FedEx....they deliver stuff...what would be a funny way deliver stuff....what? ...Something?...slow? I KNOW! CARRIER PIGEONS! I Love it! How original! (That was one that almost made me cry.)

GoDaddy. Oooooo, whatta surprise. That commerical was banned. But we'll show them, guys! We'll put it on our web site. *snicker, snicker* Dose guys viewing are so dumb. They'll fall for it.

What I want to know: Did they REALLY recruit a pro player from the guy at the supermarket? (It doesn't make sense. He talks directly to the coach....and then gets picked in the draft????)

All I can think about is how the ad firms and sponsors are full of MBAs making $250,000 and up a year for producing such great work at this. The future CEOs of America.

Oh. And the Pats lost. Owell.

Last edited:
I did like the one where the Bud Clydesdale had to work out with the dog to make the team. I thought it was pretty cute. But other than that my family agreed that the commercials were below standard and there were way, way, way too many of them.

I did like the one where the Bud Clydesdale had to work out with the dog to make the team. I thought it was pretty cute. But other than that my family agreed that the commercials were below standard and there were way, way, way too many of them.
If you were Fox, selling thirty-second slots for an average of $2.7 million a pop... what would you do? I'm not saying it's right or wrong. But then, they also know many tune into the game because it is famous for the outlandish commercials.

Golf has a lot of advertising but not nearly as much and where the PGA is involved, they keep a tight reign on the content. Of course, not everyone can swear off the commercials like the Masters. There's only a limited amount of class in sports and a good part of it is in Augusta, Georgia.

Well I found myself laughing out loud more times this year than last years bunch. But maybe thats because I was in such a good mood because the game was actually a great game and the underdog won!!!! (not a fan of either, but my team will never make it so I have to cheer for the underdog!!) I will have to go watch them online again to see if they were actually funny.

I did like the clydesdales and the doritos one with the big mouse though :)

I did enjoy the car ad with the family of badgers, but that may have something to do with being a University of Wisconsin grad.

Pete

I liked the one with the balloons chasing the Coke, and Charlie Brown getting it at the end.

I liked the one with the balloons chasing the Coke, and Charlie Brown getting it at the end.

That was one of the best. A few syndication companies picked up soem fees wih that one. :rolleyes:

I just noticed, watching on my big screen, that the guy in "The Godfather" bed Audi commercial is "Moe Green!"

...my team will never make it...
See what happens when you take a team away from it's home turf? :D

In my heart, they will always be the St. Louis Football Cardinals. Anything else is just plain wrong.

I know! I talking baby! THAT'S never been done before!

Ummmmmmm....FedEx...FedEx....they deliver stuff...what would be a funny way deliver stuff....what? ...Something?...slow? I KNOW! CARRIER PIGEONS! I Love it! How original! (That was one that almost made me cry.)

GoDaddy. Oooooo, whatta surprise.

What about the dancing lizards for some drink? What was that? Someone paid big money for that idea????

The only one that was even remotely funny was the big mouse that beat the tar out of the suit who set the trap. Hopefully he was an ad exec.

I thought I saw earlier somebody saying the Amped commercial with the guy with the jumper cables was terrible.

I thought that was hilarious! Nobody else in the room did, but I thought it was great! So far, the only people I know who liked that commercial are myself and one of the girls here at work, who also grew up on a farm. So I guess it appeals to us farm folks (aka rednex). :)

Oh, yeah. The guy with the jumper cables on his nipples. Lame-o. I thought they went to same joke twice.

I thought I saw earlier somebody saying the Amped commercial with the guy with the jumper cables was terrible.

I thought that was hilarious! Nobody else in the room did, but I thought it was great! So far, the only people I know who liked that commercial are myself and one of the girls here at work, who also grew up on a farm. So I guess it appeals to us farm folks (aka rednex). :)

Stolen from Fark:
Amp electric nipples: this one probably went over big in the sales pitch meeting at Abu Ghraib.

The Clydesdales, big mouse, badger, and some others were creative & funny.
So much has been done in past that there's not many places to go.

Still, a pretty weak lot overall. My kids were asking me, "Daddy, why aren't any of these ads funny this year?" My thoughts exactly.

Oh well, at least Belicheat got his comeuppance!!!

The Bridgestone/Richard Simmons one disappointed me terribly. Why did the driver swerve? Would have been MUCH funnier, IMH(warped)O if he had just floored it.

I did like the Budweiser/Rocky commercial...but I have a soft spot for horses ... and dogs ... and being picked last ...

Last edited:
See what happens when you take a team away from it's home turf? :D

In my heart, they will always be the St. Louis Football Cardinals. Anything else is just plain wrong.

I guess I should have clarified. You can have the Cardinals back anytime you want. They will never be my team. I am a Vikings fan!!! My dad is from MN and that is the team that I grew up watching. I cheer for the Cardinals, but only because they are the hometown team.

I guess I should have clarified. You can have the Cardinals back anytime you want. They will never be my team. I am a Vikings fan!!! My dad is from MN and that is the team that I grew up watching. I cheer for the Cardinals, but only because they are the hometown team.
I gew up a Vikings fan, too. When I moved to Colorado, it was very easy to become a Broncos fan, since they (then) both shared the same dismal Super Bowl records ... :D

I liked the Audi R8 add. The character from the Godfather was actually Moe Green, not the guy in bed with the Horse's head, but it was still clever. Helluva a car too.

Agree it was a lame year. Once again, I helped my copywriter friend put up her Super Bowl Ad Review. IMO, the game was more interesting.

I just found out today that the E-trade talking baby was the most replayed ad on Tivo's system. Who would want their company associated with vomiting? I can understand maybe that's how ETFC's stockholders feel now, but still...

-Rich

Agree it was a lame year. Once again, I helped my copywriter friend put up her Super Bowl Ad Review. IMO, the game was more interesting.

I just found out today that the E-trade talking baby was the most replayed ad on Tivo's system. Who would want their company associated with vomiting? I can understand maybe that's how ETFC's stockholders feel now, but still...

If you looked closely the quality of that was a joke. It was very pixellated with digital artifacts and the cuts are obvious. They may have actually used a web cam to capture the kid.

Maybe digital artifacts, to make it look like a YouTube video are the new trendy thing, like "record pops" and "worn film?"

Oh, *doh* they wanted it to look like it came from a web cam.

If you looked closely the quality of that was a joke. It was very pixellated with digital artifacts and the cuts are obvious. They may have actually used a web cam to capture the kid.

Maybe digital artifacts, to make it look like a YouTube video are the new trendy thing, like "record pops" and "worn film?"

Oh, *doh* they wanted it to look like it came from a web cam.

Not much of a joke, IMO. Ah well, I guess this is the age of user-generated content, and people spending endless hours watching juvenile clips on YouTube.

This must be what recession-year advertising looks like. Price for 0:30 is up from last year's $2.6M to $2.7M, so let's save money on the creative side.

-Rich

Jeez, I can't believe nobody's mentioned my favorite... I thought watching Justin Timberlake get his crotch slammed into a mailbox post repeatedly was HILARIOUS!!! :D

Back