Student Pilots - Tools you acquired to learn the craft

divebomber

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
DiveBomber
The school I used to earn my Private Pilot Certificate is a standup club of which I have been a proud member since January 2012. Like most schools, they employed the syllabus of a leading flight training company (starts with a J). The shortcoming I found was in the training company's materials, specifically the flight lesson binder. This binder covered each lesson's goals and expected outcomes and included a small page to jot down notes. I found this to be an ineffective tool to record specifics about my lessons - the debrief.

As a student and now a novice pilot, sitting in the left seat of an airplane can be a daunting test of one's ability to multitask while having full situational awareness of the environment. This is especially true for student pilots! As a result, debriefs are an absolute must after each flight! Trying to remember specific details about certain points during a flight is like trying to recall the prior night's dream not too long after waking up. Write it down! Whether it was messing up radio communication at a non-towered airport or having a poor landing or even that power-on turning stall you finally nailed! Why did it happen? What should you do next time? Write it down! This will prove invaluable to your future as a SAFE pilot.

With all that… the TOOL I used to keep my skills sharp and my safety above par was the pilot journal notebook… check it out here: www.pilotjournalnotebook.com :yes:

Yeah, this is three similar posts out of three hawking this product, plus it's his homepage.

Why not just go to the classified section and post .

Back