Student Needs Help

If you were in the market for this type of A/C would you consider the Robinson R44?

• Yes

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Possibly

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Not Likely

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve Kerns

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Steve Kerns
My Marketing class final paper requires a survey on three products in the same industry made for three different target audiences.

My subject is "Light Aircraft".

I'll attempt to post my survey as a poll.

Thanks for your inputs.

The entire survey can be seen here:

http://forums.aopa.org/showthread.php?t=81231

-Steve Kerns

Last edited:
My subject is "Light Aircraft"..........

Yup ,:yesnod: they are fun....

If I was in the market for a 2 place half a helicopter, yes lol. Its either that or the Schweizer 300.

If I was in the market for a 2 place half a helicopter, yes lol. Its either that or the Schweizer 300.

Nope, the R22, Hiller UH-11 and, Bell 47 are 2+3 seat options, the R-44 is 4 seat.

I'e never flown one, but I have some time in other types and the reports I've read say this is a great machine for its market niche.

My Marketing class final paper requires a survey on three products in the same industry made for three different target audiences.

My subject is "Light Aircraft".

I'll attempt to post my survey as a poll.

Thanks for your inputs.

-Steve Kerns

Steve

You really need to talk to someone over in the statistics dept about creating surveys. For starters, you need to better describe the survey/poll that provides a context for the question & possible answers. For example, for this question, I'd phrase it as

"Assuming I'm interested in a helicopter...." and then the answers.

Why? Because only want people interested in helicopters to answer. Anything else artificially skews the results.

Of course the answers will already be skewed because you have no way to validate the people contributing to the poll. For proof, I offer the fact that I answered NO when in reality I have no interest in helicopters. Right there, the results are questionable.

Well, if I were looking for a helicopter I might consider a Robinson R-44, but I'd rather have a Bell 206B.

Steve

You really need to talk to someone over in the statistics dept about creating surveys. For starters, you need to better describe the survey/poll that provides a context for the question & possible answers. For example, for this question, I'd phrase it as

"Assuming I'm interested in a helicopter...." and then the answers.

Why? Because only want people interested in helicopters to answer. Anything else artificially skews the results.

Of course the answers will already be skewed because you have no way to validate the people contributing to the poll. For proof, I offer the fact that I answered NO when in reality I have no interest in helicopters. Right there, the results are questionable.

I answered yes and everyone else should too or you don't follow directions very well. The poll implies you do want the product.

"if you were interested in food, would you buy fish?" very few fall into the 'no' category and even the few that do (say vegans) eventually will given hungry enough.

Back