Stratux AHRS display?

G-Man

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
AirmanG
I built my Stratux with the GPS and AHRS chip. GPS works great with ForeFlight. The AHRS function works per the Stratux monitor app, but does not integrate with ForeFlight.

I have only a ForeFlight Basic USA subscription. Is the no-AHRS a function of my subscription? Would it work well with a better ForeFlight subscription?

Is there another app that can display the AHRS info correctly and allow calibration? Thanks!

ForeFlight blocked stratux AHRS, I'd recommend switching to WingX in general.

That suggests that .. well .. Foreflight disliked competition and got rid of Stratux AHRS for that reason. For tech-minded folks, the issue is here:

https://github.com/cyoung/stratux/issues/138

It looks to me like Foreflight disallowed receiving data simultaneously from both a "flight simulator" device and a "GPS" device. It seems that the Stratux code was sending AHRS data identified as a flight sim source. If you read the issue above carefully you can see some background.

I own a Stratus 2, but I'm tempted to build one of these just to help contribute to the project.

+1
The base version of WingX has far more features, including SynthVision, than the base version of FF. WingX does support Stratux. About four years ago I was a FF user but did a head-to-head comparison of FF to WingX on a trip from Augusta Ga to Colorado Springs and back. After that trip I let my FF subscription lapse and have been using WingX ever since. The base version of WingX just has so many more useful features than FF and is just a better bang-for-the-buck value.

+1
The base version of WingX has far more features, including SynthVision, than the base version of FF. WingX does support Stratux. About four years ago I was a FF user but did a head-to-head comparison of FF to WingX on a trip from Augusta Ga to Colorado Springs and back. After that trip I let my FF subscription lapse and have been using WingX ever since. The base version of WingX just has so many more useful features than FF and is just a better bang-for-the-buck value.

Does WingX have a 30 day trial? I may give it a shot when I go flying next since my foreflight subscription ends in a few months.

How well does the AHRS function work in Stratux, besides the Foreflight connectivity issue?

How well does the AHRS function work in Stratux, besides the Foreflight connectivity issue?

It is not fully functional. There is a known problem with the accelerometers and gyro drift that occurs during turns, etc.

Essentially, the AHRS is not working yet with Stratux and any software platform.

+1

Not only does it work with WingX, Hilton who is behind WingX actively worked with cyoung who is behind Stratux, on setting standards etc, he fully got behind Stratux when customers asked. You can even upgrade the Stratux software version from within WingX, that's support.

Does WingX have a 30 day trial? I may give it a shot when I go flying next since my foreflight subscription ends in a few months.
Somehow I missed your question. Yes, WingX does have a 30 day trial period. There are also a lot of WingX YouTube videos you can watch to see if you like it or not.

Back