Stratus 3 won’t show traffic on both ForeFlight and Garmin pilot

Code90

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Code90
Today we flew some IFR approaches. I use Foreflight on my iPad. My safety pilot uses Garmin Pilot. Both connected to the stratus 3 well. However, only one would show traffic at a time. Foreflight wanted the stratus in “Foreflight mode” or something like that. When I allowed it, the Garmin pilot didn’t get traffic. When he restarted his Garmin pilot, it took traffic away from foreflight. We both couldn’t have traffic at the same time.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any work around found?

Unfortunately just got the stratus. Can’t flush the $800.
Anyone know a work around or is it just not going to work for both systems at one?

I just checked here to verify my Stratux still talks to both my ipads running ForeFlight...they both see traffic as they have done in the past. So I would call support at Stratus.

Sounds like another good reason not to buy FF to me. In the mid term get SKY Charts for your practice sessions. You can buy it by the month for less than $5.

Sounds like another good reason not to buy FF to me. In the mid term get SKY Charts for your practice sessions. You can buy it by the month for less than $5.

I just verified FF is not the issue.

Call support at Stratus.

Last edited:
This is a known issue (Feature?). Garmin Pilot uses a different data format than Foreflight (Yay proprietary interfaces). The Stratus switches based on which one is needed/requested, but will not output both formats.

This is a known issue (Feature?). Garmin Pilot uses a different data format than Foreflight (Yay proprietary interfaces). The Stratus switches based on which one is needed/requested, but will not output both formats.

My thoughts exactly ! So..let your safety pilot use the setting to view traffic while you practice the approach...then set it to show on your ipad when you are done.

I fly with a stratux. Cheapo receiver sends adsb traffic and weather just fine to my iPad running flyQ, my phone running iflygps, and my other iPad (club) running foreflight.

Back