strange acronym

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
SEE FLIP AP/1 SUPPLEMENTARY ARPT INFO

Never saw this before, and have no clue what "FLIP AP/1" means or where to find it.

DoD's Flight Information Publications . pretty much the same thing as the AF/d

Last edited:
DoD's Flight Information Publications . pretty much the same thing as the AF/d

And guess what...

ACCESS DENIED

Your web browser failed to identify you to this web server!
This system requires all web browsers to present the user's valid DoD-PKI identification-certificate to this web server before it can allow any access or registration. The required PKI certificates are normally programmed into your DoD-issued CAC card.

So it's now incumbent upon the FAA to tell me what't in that document that's so important that I need to know if I'm flying around Pueblo PUB.

Try to do anything in the military without a CAC card.....Impossible!!

You don't need the DoD AP/1, the green AF/D will work just fine.
The AP/1 is just the DoD issue of the same book.

It's been awhile but I don't believe the above is accurate. AP/1 is Area Planning for North and South America and contains information used in flight planning but not necessary to be carried in flight. Area Planning is broken out into several volumes and contains information such as Special Use Airspace and Military Training Route details not generally published anywhere else.

The DoD counterpart to the green AF/D carried in flight are the IFR Enroute and VFR Enroute Supplements containing information on all airfields approved for military aircraft. The enroute sups contain pretty much the same info as the AF/D but also have detailed airfield information pertinent to military aircraft including barriers, runway weight capacity limits, etc. not all of which you'd find in an AF/D.

I The enroute sups contain pretty much the same info as the AF/D but also have detailed airfield information pertinent to military aircraft including barriers, runway weight capacity limits, etc. not all of which you'd find in an AF/D.

But from a gross oversimplification standpoint, to someone who will never USE a FLIP... its adequate.

I mean.. hell.. I will never fly the HI-TACAN 35 into Ellington over near me.. but its cool to look at it sometimes..

Back