storm damage

Wow, those are ugly....reminds me of the tornado that destroyed my grandfathers Beech Duke @ KBDL for an annual many years ago.

:hairraise:

I was trying to be brave until I saw the Cub smashed flat in the hangar. Excuse me, I need a tissue...

just awful!

terry

Now why wouldn't those folks fly their planes out of there? I guess we just don't have enough warning on those things. On second thought, considering how much time and money I've spent trying to keep my plane in flying condition, maybe I'll fly it into the next hurricane! :)

Walter

walterman said:
Now why wouldn't those folks fly their planes out of there? I guess we just don't have enough warning on those things. On second thought, considering how much time and money I've spent trying to keep my plane in flying condition, maybe I'll fly it into the next hurricane! :)

Walter

+ why get your hangered aircraft out of the way of what was perdicted to be a tropical storm by the time it got to the east side of FLA? It was a bad prediction that it woudn't be strong by the time it got to them, probally by the time they relized it hadden't lost it's strength it was to late to move them.

Missa
-I about lost it at the cub too... all bright and happy yellow, it was still in it's prime.

walterman said:
Now why wouldn't those folks fly their planes out of there? I guess we just don't have enough warning on those things.
Nowdays it's possible to give warnings days in advance but they cover huge areas, millions of people and probably thousands of airplanes. Then when the storm actually hits it may or may not be in the place that was forecast or at the strength it was forecast. Unless you move your airplane a long ways away you may actually be moving it to a worse place. Then there's your house and family. I just think there are big logistical problems involved and hindsight is always 20/20.

Back