Stop the presses!!!

bobmrg

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Gardner
Two Norwegian scientists have just won the Nobel prize for Physiology and Medicine for identifying brain cells (in the hippocampus) that serve as an internal GPS...allowing the mice involved in the experiments to be...apparently...aware of how far and in which direction they have traveled from a departure point.

Mice may replace the cat-and-duck method of flying on instruments.

Bob Gardner

I'm a big fan of Mickey Mouse navigation. Can't wait till it becomes available in a product!

What color line will be be following?

Two Norwegian scientists have just won the Nobel prize for Physiology and Medicine for identifying brain cells (in the hippocampus) that serve as an internal GPS...allowing the mice involved in the experiments to be...apparently...aware of how far and in which direction they have traveled from a departure point.

Mice may replace the cat-and-duck method of flying on instruments.

Bob Gardner

You forgot the tree.

Was the study population male?

I've been trying to tell you guys I don't need a VOR! I have a built in GPS! :goofy:

Garmin just bought the rights to this discovery and you have to get the brain GPS updates through Jeppesen

Unfortunately the media is about as accurate when reporting on scientific discovery as they are on aviation accidents. Nonetheless, we can all find our way around, whether walking in our neighborhood or piloting a familiar route. That ability is dependent on a set of nerve cells that populate an area of the brain called the hippocampus. Of interest, these are the first neurons that appear to eat it in Alzheimer's patients, which is why they start out getting lost all the time.

Stop the Presses!!!

What are presses?

Back