Stealing a B-52

It's pretty sad the site cannot be respected. Some would probably take the Liberty Bell for scrap given the chance.

WHAT A BUNCH OF SKUNKS!!!!

I remember reading about that site a long time ago. It seemed like such a nice tribute to the fallen. Sad to see that even in Maine people can be jackholes.

Last year, someone stole the pumpkins from our front entry. My kids spent an hour making it look nice and festive. They were heartbroken. This year, someone stole an Azalea (!) from our front beds. This is in a really nice neighborhood, too, not some place like where Nick used to live. Why are people such jerks?

This kinda reminds me of those makeshift road side memorials that I see popping up every time there is a traffic accident with a fatality.

These metal thieves aren't exactly masterminds:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/677375,CST-NWS-collar02.article

They've been known to steal aluminum gutters and sidings off of occupied houses.

Chicago's aluminum streets lights were missing the electric panel cover plates because these goofs took them, so the big scandal was who dangerous these light pole with exposed wires were. The city put on plastic covers held on with hose clamps.

What has to happen is the scrap metal yards have to refuse to take house scrap. I suppose they make enough money not to care too much who they're dealing with.

Last edited:
I read a story a few months back about the copper being stolen out of a large cold storage locker. The locker held food primarily for shelters and needy family services.

There have been a lot of stories recent about copper theives taking every bit they can find at construction sites and such. The stories I love, though, are when the copper theives prove Darwin was right by trying to steal live copper electrical wires. I don't remember when or where (I've moved a lot recently), but I've seen at least four or five stories of theives getting zapped in the act.

Last month it was widely reported that thieves in Los Angeles area were breaking into electrical vaults for the wire. This was leaving whole blocks without power, including traffic signals.

Back