stc for beech muscateer a-23

jmhammons@hotmail.com

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
john
looking for info on engine alternate stc's for the beech a-23 with the continental i0-346 engine. any one know of same?

I'm pretty sure there is not an STC. Even if there were it would be a complete firewall forward change so even using salvage parts the cost would likely exceed the value of the airplane. Charlie Melot Zephyr Engines

John,

You could always check in on Beech Aero Club page for more specific type info.

Although after following previous posts that Charlie makes, I'm thinking you can pretty much take that heads up he provided to the bank.

John:

You can actually go on the FAA's website and check for all STC's written on the A23. The TCDS for the A23 is A1CE

Just go here:

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgSTC.nsf/Frameset?OpenPage

On the LH side of the page, click on "by Make", then find Hawker Beechcraft on the list. Click on that, then find A23 on the list. You can also search by TCDS number, but that shows everything on the TC, so you'll see STCs that apply to anything on the TCDS, like the Muskateer 2, etc. If you do it the way I did, you'll only STC's applicable to the A23.

First, there is not one for that change. It has been done at least once that I know of and when the owner tried to sell it, it created a sh*t storm of additional paperwork. Re-creating that paperwork may be easier now that the initial hoops have been jumped through, but the cost would still be astronomical.

All that being said, the IO346 is a good strong engine if properly maintained. Overthaul is possible as long as the case is still serviceable. After flying one for 12 years, I would buy another one if the engine was not more than midtime and in good shape.

Back