Station air down Marlin TX

She just got her high performance endorsement March 2nd, in a C-172XP. I congratulated her on it and asked what HP that had, and she said 210.

She'd flown a 206 starting the last half of March, and she was really excited about this new job. I don't know anything about him other than he had 800 hours and was a CFI.

Weird accident...I would really like to know what the heck went on here.
I’m regretting my choice not to go snap some pics when we heard the ELT… it does sound odd.

for sure. Child labor laws, for instance, emancipation, suffrage, environmental protections - what’s the harm in thalidomide, anyway? Do we even need an FAA or NTSB?

If you ask me, I say we go back to the days of burning rivers and getting “thrown clear”

good times, let’s all raise a glass of mud wet-laden hair tonic to the future, cheers!
Asking for more federal involvement in 2022 is just a tiny bit different than 1860 or 1960

Interesting... with his age I was assuming he was the flight director checking her out in the plane or something. He probably didn't have many more hours than she did. Makes a bad bounce and botched go-around make more sense.

So there is a video of the landing attempt it sounds like.

I’m guessing that after the runway excursion, instead of pulling the power and taking the whoops, they firewalled it and tried to “save “it, got airborne again and either stalled out or hit the trees. But I’m not going to put out a video explaining why I think I know who did what when and who was flying.

So, not a go around stall spin like Brother DG prophesied.

I don't see how the NTSB's report description of the wreckage array precludes the possibility of a stall-spin crash scenario. I don't understand how else an airplane could wind up impacting in a near vertical attitude with the front of the wreckage pointing back toward the runway (281°per the report).

I finally got around to looking at Dan Gryder's analysis of the crash on youtube and don't believe he's too far off base on this one. Other than speculation, I haven't seen any proof indicating who was actually flying the airplane at the time of the accident. When released with the report itself, the Docket portion of the crash report should reveal whom was occupying which seat, but that won't be proof of who was actually flying.

This one was a real heart breaker. R.I.P.

Back