Standard Stuff...

It may be that one of the reasons the local paper said nothing about GA is that they know nothing about GA to even ask a question. This is a good chance to contact the author of that letter and educate him, in a nice way, about GA. Perhaps invite him to one of the GA airports that will be affected, show what GA can and is doing and how the draconian security theater regulations hurt the economy and people of the area. Do it right and get the newspaper guy on your side and he will write a good article for you.

You could start off the conversation with something like..."I read your article and I enjoyed it. I was hoping that I could also share with you some additional information about general aviation, yeah those little planes, and how they will be affected. They do a lot for our community and are carry out several different types of activity that keep the wheels greased for business in the area. I could arrange for you to visit some pilot that do; freight, angel flights, CAP, flight instructing, etc. and maybe even take you for a ride, etc."

Last edited:
Back