standard questions from buyers

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
I thought it was fair to ask if there is any damage history on this mooney.

deleteme.jpg

what other questions really annoy sellers? (hey, look at that, 3 words in a row with double consonants. hot diggity!)

When you list out everything for avionics, instruments, etc... and then some dumb-ass that doesn't know how to read asks if you have something you didn't list. Additionally you have pictures of the panel that indicate why you didn't list what isn't in the plane - because it's not ****ing there!

What's TBO and TSMOH?

(of course when that prop comes off and the tear down inspection is done you'll be most of the way to a zero time engine)

Q-tip props.... I like that, plus the classic no prop spinner look.

If I pay asking price with no prebuy, can you throw in a spinner?

Yup, Q-tip prop. Expensive.
And of course the missing spinner is on purpose, for weight savings. It makes the plane go faster. ;)

All kidding aside, that is a sad sight. Hopefully it was insured and will be repaired. Looks like a nice one. Gear up or gear collapse? (it seems to be sitting on palettes)

My only real annoyance is when a buyer asks something that was clearly stated in the ad.

Yup, Q-tip prop. Expensive.
And of course the missing spinner is on purpose, for weight savings. It makes the plane go faster. ;)

All kidding aside, that is a sad sight. Hopefully it was insured and will be repaired. Looks like a nice one. Gear up or gear collapse? (it seems to be sitting on palettes)
with the market the way it is right now, and the cost of fixing belly damage, a gear up now days most likely sends the airframe to the salvage sale list. just look at the salvage list, aircraft that a few years ago would get fixed are now being sold as salvage.

bob

"Will you fly it halfway across the country so I can look at it?"

While selling my last plane, I was surprised how often I heard this question.

More pictures is what I always get asked for. Understandable I suppose with today's technology. However, if it's something you are interested in, just come look at it.

More pictures is what I always get asked for. Understandable I suppose with today's technology. However, if it's something you are interested in, just come look at it.

Maybe they're asking u for more dickpics?

It's not always as easy as just stopping by to look at a plane. For the Mooney I'm looking at on the west coast, I'd think it would be fair to ask for pics of the landing disks. It would take 10 seconds to snap a pic of all three and upload or email, and I can't imagine I'd be the only one asking to see them.

But yeah, just asking for some random pics could be annoying.

What are these stains all over the seat?
Why is there an air mattress in the back?
Is that coleslaw ?
Has this ever been on that repo show?
If I work out at the gym every other day, that would be 4-5 times a week, is that a good?
I was looking at getting a cirrus but would rather have something that can be used more than once, can this plane land at an actual airport or does it need to parachute to its final landing spot?

What's TBO and TSMOH?

(of course when that prop comes off and the tear down inspection is done you'll be most of the way to a zero time engine)
Read the AD, tear downs not required. replacement of two parts on the crank gear is all that is required

Back