Stage 3 kidney failure.

U

Unregistered

I'm a 75 year old male who was just diagnosed with stage 3 kidney failure. I have no symptoms and feel great. The doctor feels that long term use of piroxicam is the culprit.

What gets my goat it that the prescription was renewed over the years with never a warning nor a kidney health check. I just changed Docs and the new guy caught it on a routine checkup right off.

The kidney Doc feels that there is a good chance of arresting the disease and even possibly regaining some of my lost kidney function.

What effect will this have on my 3rd class physical?

Thanks

What is your serum creatinine? Generally when the creatinine reaches 3, certification doesn't happen. A "Creatinine Clearance" of 40 is about as low as FAA will go.

What is your serum creatinine? Generally when the creatinine reaches 3, certification doesn't happen. A "Creatinine Clearance" of 40 is about as low as FAA will go.

At this time I don't know my actual numbers. I was a little numb during my appointment. I have more blood work next week and a follow up the following week. At that time I'll ask what my exact numbers are.

Thanks much.

At this time I don't know my actual numbers. I was a little numb during my appointment. I have more blood work next week and a follow up the following week. At that time I'll ask what my exact numbers are.

Thanks much.

You can call your Dr. office and ask for the numbers, they'll tell you over the phone, my Dr. office does it for me, then the good Dr. C may be able to give you advice about the medical for your next visit, could save you some time and worry.....

I'm the guy that started this thread. I attempted to post an add on but was told I'd have to wait for a moderator ??? If this posts I'll try again----

I got my numbers back and they're better than the first test. I'm off all the offending medicines and on a low sodium-kidney friendly diet. It turns out that my GFR is 73 which puts me in stage 2 rather than 3 of the failure mode. How will this affect my class 3? What will I need to give the AME for documentation?

Thanks a million for your help and advice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back