Stage 13.....Complete!

Jberg440

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Justin
The Phone rang at 10:15am the rough gravel coated voice asked if i wanted to get the stage check done this morning. My reply..."Heck Yea!! what time?" my examiner said "How soon can you get here?" I got dressed faster than a man getting caught with another mans wife. The drive to the airport was pure excitement. I was doing 80mph in a 65 jamming to some metal trying to get pumped up. The jamming and preflight rituals seemed to work well because most of my anxiety dissipated.:cornut:
After i checked the weather than finished my weight and balance we were gone. We headed out to practice area Echo were he asked me to set him up for a power off stall...Went over flawless got my radio call done, BCGM list, clearing turns, the whole kit an caboodle. Next power on stall, this went same as the first...great! after some emergency procedures we were back in the traffic pattern at KCKN.
The one thing that i just botched were my landings. I could not put that birds down gracefully to save my life today! But I guess i was being extra critical because of the circumstances. After a quick post-flight discussion got my log book signed, soft field TO/landings and cross countries here I come! :happydance:

Very nice! What's "BCGM list"? Pretty sure it's not Bi-Conjugate Gradient Method or Blacksmith Corps of Greater Maryland.

Boost pump....off
Carb heat.....as req
Gas....fullest tank
Mixture...rich

Stage 13?!?!? So, your ATP checkride is right around the corner, I hope? :eek:

Not anytime soon.... probably not ever really, i don't really have any desire to fly those. Its just a midway in-flight test per UND. I'm really hoping the weather stays nice so i can get my PPL by the first of the year, but thats asking a lot in the frozen plains.

Not anytime soon.... probably not ever really, i don't really have any desire to fly those. Its just a midway in-flight test per UND. I'm really hoping the weather stays nice so i can get my PPL by the first of the year, but thats asking a lot in the frozen plains.

I just meant Holy CRAP how many stage checks do you have?!?!? I thought 4 or so was normal. 13 stages and you're only midway to your private? Is there a stage check for every lesson? :yikes:

(I was hoping "13" was a typo and you meant "3".)

I went to an aviation school in the Northeast. Started in Sept and had my check ride before Christmas. They normally had 3 phase checks, pre solo, pre solo cross country, and pre check ride. They missed the first one, and the last one.

But 13 phase checks at the halfway point?

I understand the hard winter flying part at UND. I was at Grand Forks AFB for 4 years and 5 winters... :mad2: renting UND Cessna 172RGs.

UND has 28 lessons in their PPL course. There are 3 stage checks stage 13 (pre-cross country), stage 24, and stage 28 (PPL exam). Sorry for the confusion boys!!

UND has 28 lessons in their PPL course. There are 3 stage checks stage 13 (pre-cross country), stage 24, and stage 28 (PPL exam). Sorry for the confusion boys!!

Oh. Phew! So this is really your first stage check?

Back